Nagi x Reader Oneshot

EVENT: 2020 Ficmas Day 8

WARNINGS: None ;))

CHARACTERS: Nagi

TYPE/PROMPT: snowmen

REQUESTED BY: jcsuke

WORD COUNT: 1.3k

STATUS: Only on Wattpad for now

NOTES: Uh yes as you can tell I am still very very behind schedule but I had a lotttt of fun writing this one so I really hope you enjoy!!

~~~

Your room was filled with the constant sound of taps from your game controllers, the sound of the game coming from your TV, and silence— it was always on Friday afternoons. If only you could describe just how much you loved these moments in words. Other than the soft taps and clicks and the occasional sound effects, it was just an hour or two of silence. With Nagi.

You absolutely adored the aesthetic, the soft sighs that'd leave your lips from time to time and the rustling you could hear from Nagi whenever he decided to switch positions. Your mom would always tell you that you should talk to him when he comes over instead of staring at a screen in silence, but there was no way she could understand just how sweet this was. Neither of you would say a word and you're not even looking at each other but you can feel their presence right next to you— there was something so comforting about that, something words would not be able to describe.

Click, click, tap, tap.

"GAME OVER!!"

silence.

The cycle would then repeat, calming you down more and more each and every time. All you could wish for was for no one to bother you, no one to interrupt the two of you, not for these 2 hours every Friday afternoon. These 2 hours were no doubt your favourite 2 hours of every single week and there was nothing, no one to bother you ever. At least until this week.

This Friday afternoon, you'd hear a knock on your door every 5 minutes or so, making the cycle;

Click, click, tap, tap.

"GAME OVER!!"

Knock, knock, knock.

Now, who in the world would dare bother your 2 hours of pure happiness? There was the only person that would ever, that one person being your 7-year-old cousin.

He was over at your place today while your mom and your aunt went shopping and you believed that you could leave a 7-year-old alone for 2 hours. You wanted to believe that 7-year-olds were mature enough to keep themselves entertained for 2 hours, but of course not— I mean they were 7. How were they supposed to entertain themselves for 2 hours when they can barely sit still for 5 minutes? You wondered, you really did.

You were about to lose it when you heard the 8th knock on the door but Nagi got up to open it and started talking to him.

"Can we play in the snow? And make snowmen?" he said and you sighed. Forget Fridays with Nagi, the fact that he was interrupting you guys didn't even bother you anymore— you just didn't want to play in the snow with a 7-year-old.

GAME OVER!!!

silence.

Nagi looked at him with his lazy eyes and asked him again, "You want to make snowmen?"

"Uh-huh," your cousin said softly, probably hoping that would raise his chances of getting to go outside.

"Alright," Nagi's soothing voice said. "Let's go make some snowmen then."

"Really?" you and your cousin said in unison.

"Yeah," Nagi replied. "So yeah, I'll be making snowmen with him for a little, are you coming, (Y/n)?"

Your jaw almost hung open for a little, you never thought Nagi would play with your annoying little cousin, let alone offer to.

"I—," you didn't want to, not in the least bit. Not necessarily because you were sulking about your precious Friday afternoons (well, that was obviously a factor but not the main one), the idea of going into the cold and playing with puffs of cold was absolutely absurd to you. But you knew very well that it was even more absurd for you to miss a chance to see Nagi playing around in the snow with a kid, so of course, you had to say yes.

"Y-yeah," you said with a little pout. "I'm coming."

Nagi chuckled at that, "It won't be that bad."

"Yes it will," you mumbled but you got your coat out anyway.

Nagi opened the door up after the three of you were bundled up and instant regret was all you felt. The cold air that seemed to freeze you up all the way to your spine was enough for you to question whether it was worth it— yet when it comes to Nagi, somehow everything felt worth it. It was always the case, no matter how reluctant you are at first, by the end of the day you'd always be glad that you spent the time with him.

"Okay, so you wanted to make snowment, right?" Nagi asked your cousin.

"Yup!"

"Alright, let's start with the body," he said and the two boys got to work. You watched them as they started to roll the small snowball into a much bigger one and a smile crept up on your face. I wonder how long it's been since I've made a snowman...

You were starting to shiver and you were getting genuinely cold but you couldn't help but smile. Watching them made you so happy, not really a heart-warming, fuzzy happy that Nagi gives you but more of a contagious happy that puts a smile on your face and makes you feel as though everything's okay.

A sweet laugh left your lips and Nagi immediately turned to face you. He could tell that you were cold, it was absolutely obvious but the way you seemed so happy made his heart flutter. He loved you so so much, far more than you'd ever imagine— but you'd never know, for he'd never tell you. It was his little secret to keep his reputation as a sort-of detached person but more importantly, he was terrified that you'd be taken aback if you'd ever find out and that was the last thing he'd ever want.

"Come over here and help us make this snowman," he said to you. "You're going to catch a cold if you don't move around and warm yourself up."

"It's okay, I'm already pretty cold," you said but walked towards him anyway. "Moving around won't help me much at this point."

Nagi took his hands out of his gloves and touched your cheeks in hopes to warm you up a little, but it turns out that his hands were a lot colder than your cheeks.

"Oh, um," he said as he removed his hands from your face.

"You've been playing with snow, of course your hands are freezing," you said and he laughed a little. "Here, give me you hands." You took his hands before he put on his gloves again and put them against your neck. You shivered a little from how cold his hands were but laughed again when you saw the guilt in his eyes.

"It's not that big of a deal, don't look so sad," you told him. "Are your hands warming up?"

He nodded in response and you let go of his hands, but he continued to stare at you. You stared back questioningly and his eyes widened when he noticed that he was staring. He didn't say anything but he slowly bent down and kissed your cheek in the sweetest way possible. It was rather short but his lips were surprisingly warm and it was as if he'd poured all his 'I love you's that he'd never be able to say in that one tiny kiss on your cheek. He didn't even look back at you before he continued to make that snowman with your cousin again but you were far too shocked to move.

It wasn't your first kiss. It was only a kiss on the cheek. It wasn't even long. Yet, you somehow knew that you'd never forget that kiss from the moment his lips pressed against your cheek, because the part of your cheek that he kissed was still burning up in the middle of this cold winter day.