"-Nakiri Senzaemon-sama." The director was now infront, he opened his eyes and stared at the front. If his expression could kill, everyone would have died like a massacre.

"H-he's terrifying!" One of the students stuttered, shivering in fear as they look at the Director. 

"He has the entire Academy--no, the entire Japanese food world under his thumb!" One of them exclaimed, you then took out your phone from your pocket and captured the scene. Surely this will serve use as proper blackmail.

"Y/n-san, why are you taking pictures of them?" Erina asked, questioning your childish actions. This was not like how Y/N Kinoshita acted before. But then again, that girl was hard to predict.

"Hmm~ Their expressions are funny. I wanna picture this moment." You said, laughing madly as you took many pictures in different angles. Erina sweatdropped.

"Greetings. Congratulations on your advancement to the high school division.." The director congratulated the students who were shock.

"During your three years in the junior high school division, you have obtained a basic skill set in cooking and deepened your understanding of each ingredient," He paused for a second, looking around.

"In addition to the cooking practicum, you attended classroom lectures on a variety of topics including culinary theory--" The director named Sanzaemon kept on blabbering. You covered your mouth and yawned, getting bored by his words.

"This is boring~ can't I go out or something?" You asked Erina, who was standing with her arms fold together. She shook her head 'no' to your question. You groaned. You sat on the couch provided, and Erina did the same as the both of you listened to what the Director was saying.

"--The challenges you'll now face are not about your skills or knowledge, but whether you have the wherewithal to survive as a food professional."

"99 percent of you.. Are meant to be sacrifices for honing the remaincing 1 percent!" Sanzaemon exclaimed, the students once again felt the pressure and fear on their shoulders.

"Pfft-- He really likes scaring students, hmm?~" You laughed.

"--Hone yourself." 

"E-eh?! What did Sanzaemon-sama said?! Ne ne, Erina-chan! What did he say?!" You asked, you didn't listened to what he explained because you were busy laughing at their reactions.

"That's what you get for not listening. I will not tell you what he said." Erina said, making you groan again.

"That is all." He ended his speech and left the stage.

"This academy only has such strong name recognition because of the intense competition allowing only a selected few to complete their education." Erina mumbled softly.

"Should one succeed in advancing to actual graduation, their stardom in the food world is assured for their remaining lifetime." She spoke again, making you nod your head.

"I pity those who are in the same generation as us." You mumbled, looking at your nails. You mentally sighed as you were glad that you still memorize their lines. 

"Yeah. They have been destined to fight over who gets to be in third place since the time they were born." She said, you hummed softly.

"Finally, we'd like to introduce one transfer student who will be joining your ranks today." The emcee told the students. You then saw at your peripheral view the look of Erina, who was kind of shock to know that there is one transferee.

"So one student made the cut in a different exam..?" Erina muttured under her breathe as she looked down. You stood up and went out of the tent, Erina's eyes followed your movements.