I didn't share any classes with Jodi after Chemistry. Now, it was lunch. I met up with our friend group at our usual table in the quad. First came Jodi and John, who we at times call Masayoshi or Yoshi for short. Then Jeremy, who we call Toast, and Thomas a.k.a. Sykkuno. Last came Imane, who we call Poki. Everyone in our group has some kind of nickname. Jodi is called QuarterJade and I'm called Y/N.N. These are some of the only people that I enjoy talking to. I'm not very social around the school. Or anywhere else.

"So, how was everyone's day?" Poki spoke first. She looked at me first.

"It was fine. I just don't like that I don't have any classes with you guys. Well, except for Jodi but that's only one class. I'm never gonna get through this year," I let out a huge sigh and put my head down on the table.

"Yeah, me too Y/N.N." Sykkuno put his hand on my back and retracted it in the same amount of time. He's a very shy person. The only reason he actually talks to us is because of Toast. They've been friends since middle school. So have Poki and John. We all got good luck and were grouped together for a project in Biology during freshman year. Since then, we've been inseparable.

"I know something that'll cheer you both up," I knew exactly where Jodi was going with this so I let out a groan. "Ok it probably won't but we HAVE to go to Lily and Rae's party tonight. It's tradition. We've gone every year for the past three years. We need to go to this one." She looked at me hopeful but saw that I was glaring at her. She made a pouty face and I saw her eyes watering up. Ugh, how can I say no to that?

"I hate both you and your fake tears. I'm in. But I'm just there to be the designated driver. Sykkuno?" Everyone looked at him. We all knew he was going to say yes, he usually did when everyone else said yes. He's a people pleaser.

"I'm in. Maybe if I get drunk enough, I can have fun. Just don't let me do anything dumb, please." We all mumbled "Promise" to him.

"Meet at my house at 8. We're pre-gaming. My parents are on a business trip so we got the house to ourselves all night." Jodi said. We nodded and spent the rest of lunch talking about how the first day went.

I showed up at Jodi's house and opened the door. Her parents gave me a key for whenever I wanted to come over. The door creaked and Jodi yelled, "Hey, Y/N. I'm in the room." I walked over to her room and walked in to see Jodi in the middle of doing her make-up and Poki sitting on the bed. "The boys are somewhere around here. I have no idea where, though." As she said that, we heard a loud crash. "Shit. Found them. If they break anything I'm completely fucked." She got up and ran towards the sound. I went to sit next to Poki.

"You do know once she comes back she's gonna make you change into something else, right?" Poki laughed.

"I know. As long as I've known her, she never lets me go to a party dressed casual. Oh well. If it makes her happy, I'm fine with it." I smiled and looked down at the floor.

"Just tell her already. You're like a lovesick puppy. You guys have the closest relationship than anyone here. It's not like it'll change anything." Poki put her head on my shoulder and hugged me.

"I know that but-" Jodi walked back into the room and sat at her vanity, talking to herself. Then she turned to us and laughed.

"Those boys are going to be the death of me. They're having a beer chugging contest in the kitchen and broke a bottle when they were cheers-ing." She looked at me up and down. "You're not wearing that. You know the drill."

Poki laughed at me as I got up and looked into the second drawer. "You outdid yourself this time. I like this one." I picked up the clothes and shoes and walked into her bathroom. When I finished, I walked out and they looked towards me. I was wearing black ripped jeans with a band tee and a leather jacket, finished off with combat boots.