"I love you, Budo-kun."

".......W-What...!?" Budo was now flabbergasted, he felt his face heat up even more at the sudden confession and his heart quicken. Did she really just say that? Or was she just delusional after all that blood loss. Before he could further speculate this situation Ayano's winter cold hands rested on the sides of his burning, red face.

"Do you love me...?" Her voice was soft as she leaned her face closer to him.

Budo felt himself being mesmerized by her gaze and felt that tiny feeling of dread grow. His mind kept screaming at him that something wasn't right about this, however. "I... I...do." He felt the words slip out of his mouth without his consent, he surprised himself. This whole morning has been so unreal and strange his thoughts were quickly interrupted however, as he felt Ayano breathed against his lips. Within a second her cold lips brushed against his, Budo didn't make an effort to move away and his hands grasped onto her shoulders tightly.

The growing dread confirmed his answer. With a swift motion Budo shoves Ayano away from him and wipes his lips off with his sleeve. Ayano looks up at him in shock once she composed herself.

"You're not Ayano!" He yells gripping his hands into tight fists.

Ayano gives him a confused look. "W-what are you talking about...?" She says delicately. That face was almost believable but Budo knew better.

"Drop the act!" He demanded, raising his voice.

Ayano's face flushes as tears began to run down her face. "W-What are you talking about..?" She proceeds to wipes the tears and looks up at him with the most saddest eyes.

"Tch..." Budo had to look away for a second since a part of him still saw Ayano. "I said drop the act!" He turns back to Ayano angrily but then quickly steps back once he did.

"My, your such a cute thing when your angry." Ayano's eyes were pure red now and her expression was the very definition of danger. She was standing right behind Budo when he turned around.

"What...are you...?" Budo finds himself asking with a bead of sweat running down his face. "W-What did you do with Ayano...!!?"

"My, so demanding and here I thought I could toy around with his new little human." She murmurs, her gaze was fixed on Budo but it was like she wasn't even looking at him but rather looking right through him.

"What the hell are you talking about!?" Whoever she was he knew she wasn't human but something much more sinister.

"I won't reveal any details." She winks twirling around. "Besides if you knew it wouldn't be fun now, would it?" She walks up to a mysterious wooden door that Budo didn't notice up until now, she was going to leave!

"Don't you dare go, where is Ayano you devious woman!" Budo roughly grabbed her shoulder and turns her around. When he did he saw an expression so scary that he hope to never witness it ever again. Before he knew it he was in the air. The woman had coiled one hand around his neck and lifted him up without a sweat. Budo grasped onto the tightening hands coiled around his neck like a snake.

"She's mine!" The woman screeches, her voice was like one of a demons but high pitched and gurgling. "Her soul and body is going to be mine, mine, MINE." He could almost hear the desperation in her voice as if she felt someone was going to take the opportunity away from her. The woman's face seem to melt as if the body couldn't handle the woman's evil entity inside of it. The sight of her left a horrific image in Budo's mind.

"That skin, those bones all will belongs to me!!" Her clenching hand starts to shake him for emphasis on her objectives but soon pauses as a calm demeanor suddenly washes over her. She drops him to the ground.

"Aack!" Budo grasps his throat and starts to massage it, she was almost close to breaking his neck but he felt that wasn't her real intention. He looks up to see her hands on her knees as she looks down at him with a small smile on her melting face.

"You'll eventually bring her to me..."

Budo charcoal, eyes widen in shock. "Over my dead body..." He growls lowly there was no way he would hand over Ayano to her.

"Fuhuhu~...are you sure you want to say that..?" Slowly, she raises her index finger and points to Budo's hand.

Slowly, Budo gazes follows her index finger to see his hand grasping onto something that glinted in the light of the room. He realizes the mysterious object was a knife coated with red and a few strand of charcoal hair, but that's not what scared him the most. What scared him the most was that there was something else hidden in his other hand. Slowly, Budo raises his hand up and opens his fingers to find something round, squishy and bloody sitting on his palm.

It was Ayano's heart. He could feel it faintly beating the rest of its moments away.

Ba-Dump Ba-Dump...Ba Dump

"Ehh....hahh....AHHHHHHHHH!!!"Budo hands started to shake violently and Ayano's heart started to melt into his shaking palm like a nightmarish horror movie.

As if on cue Budo shots up from the couch and started to breath in all the air he can. He quickly opens both of his hands to find them both empty and clean from any red. It was just a nightmare, a stupid nightmare. Yet, Budo couldn't help but feel his eyes watering as he briefly reflects back on the horrid dream. It was just a stupid nightmare, it wasn't real.

"Budo-kun?"a soft voice asks.

Budo immediately turns around to see Ayano unharmed, sitting on the ground before him reading a random book she found. She was obviously concerned by his outburst early in the morning.

"Budo-kun?" Before she could say another word Budo throws himself onto her and hugs her tightly causing the two of them to fall onto the ground.

Ayano shocked at the sudden gesture was going to say something about personal space but decided against it as she felt him sobbing onto her shoulder. "Budo...?"

"Damn it...damn it..." Ayano hears him murmur over and over. What was wrong with him? She was actually concern for her new ally but she remained silent. She just let the pitiful boy hug her.

"Hm...everything will be okay, Budo." She replies softy and slowly returning the embrace. "It was just a nightmare."

"...Ye-yeah you're right..."Budo says trying to erase the grotesque images from his head. "Just a nightmare..." His arms slacken around her.

But there was one image that would permanently stay in his head forever. It was the image of him holding Ayano's throbbing heart in his hand.

He closes his eyes and rests his head on Ayano's shoulder, silently relishing the warm embrace.

Ba-Dump Ba-Dump...Ba-dump.