"...Don't open the door..."

Budo twists the doorknob and throws open the door, his eyes were greeted with the color red but they weren't decorated all over the walls like the living room. Instead, right in the center was that familiar color of red and to his terror a corpse laid right next to it.

"AYANO!" he dashes towards her corpse and and sits her up hastily. Her face was pale as a ghost with a dark string of red trickling down the corner of her dull, pink lips. It appears that she was stabbed repeatedly in the chest and what made Budo's eyes widen was that her chest was empty, someone had pulled her heart right out from it's roots and from the looks of it, it was in a hasty manner. His stomach knotted painfully and he felt his chest harden with overwhelming dread at the sight of her.

DRIP DRIP

Tears started to come down Budo's face and he shakes his head over and over in denial.

"...No...No...No." Was all he can say under his breath, he hugs the corpse tightly and sobs into Ayano's wire-like hair. All he could think of was Ayano is dead, Ayano is gone, Ayano...Ayano...

Just thinking those thoughts made him hug the corpse tighter as if her remains would disappear too. Upon his tightening grip on her more blood seemed to trickle down on the spot, another morbid sign that she was beyond even saving.

"...Why...why...?" Budo's eyes were glassed over with tears. Just yesterday they were riding Ayano's bike down the town and looking up at the breathtaking scenery unfolding before them. Just within one week it seems they have grown close and were always together from then on. Budo felt more tears coming down as he realizes that he just lost something precious to him and he would never see this person breathe, smile or laugh ever again.

"Please...don't go..."Budo's says in a hush voice. "Ayano...Ayano..." He closes his eyes tightly and rests his head into her hair sobbing uncontrollably. He wasn't ready to part from her at all.

"Fuhuhu...~"

"Hn..!?" Budo sucks in a surprised gasp as he hears a feminine giggle next to his ear. He quickly pulls away from Ayano's corpse but slender arms pull him forward as he was face to face with Ayano's corpse. Her eyes were a dull grey and the string of red blood was smudged now.

"...What's wrong Budo-kun, aren't you happy to see me...?" Ayano asks as she tilts her head far enough that an audible crack was heard.

"Ay-Ayano!!?"Budo was frozen in place, he blinks multiple times before slowly reaching down to touch her face. "Nnn..!" His hand jumps a bit as he felt the winter cold of Ayano's face brush against his shaking fingers tips.

"Ayano-" Before he could say anything his head was pushed down by Ayano's grip so that he was now face to face with her.

"Aren't you glad...to see me...alive~?" Ayano purrs messing up Budo's hair with her fingers. Budo's face started to heat up at Ayano's out of character personality. It was true he was glad to see her alive, so glad, but something wasn't right about her.

"Ayano, we need to take you to the hospital immediately!" Budo says trying to pull away from Ayano's tightening grip. She wouldn't budge and using all his martial arts strength he didn't stand a chance at all. Instead, he looked down at her confused that she still had more than an ounce of strength left in her. She looked up at him with intent in her dull, grey eyes wearing an unreadable expression on her dull pink lips.

"Ayano...?" He was surprised Ayano was still quiet, the first time he mention a hospital to her she freaked out and refused. Budo was concern, was she mentally unstable now? Before he could ask her a question a few words slipped out of her lips.