chp 4 - Did the Ugly Duckling Transformed into an Elegant Swan?!

Start from the beginning

But before Catherine could speak her idiotic brother opened his big fat mouth once again , "So Hermione can you tell us about your 'oh so important job' ?"

"No, actually I can't , you see working for the government I have to follow some rules , one of them being secrecy . Being a advocate you would no that , right ? But I could tell you that I m head of my department which work for the welfare and rights of the community which are treated as minorities ."

"Wait , are you telling you are the head of your department at such a young age ? For how many years have you been working ?" Uncle Mark asked while Aunt Margaret said (scoffed) in her annoyingly sweet voice "Hermione dear there's no need to lie to your family . Being a head at such a young age , thats not possible . Dear we would accept you with open arms , though we would be a little disappointed, even if you are a simple clerk working in the government office then you being a liar !!" Great even the adults are listening to thier conversation Catherine thought , though she did smiled at Aunt Margaret .

"Aunt Margaret I am touched by your concern towards my career though a little hurt that you don't even have a little fate in me after all I am a Granger!  I am not lying . You see after I finished my schooling at this exclusive school of mine with flying numbers at the age of 18 I was offered a job at the Ministry which I accepted immediately and has been working ever since . And after years of hardwork I was finally promoted to the head of the department last year ! Isn't that great ?"

  Catherine was not sure how to reply to that little speech and as she looked around she saw that Aunt Margaret , her mom and Laura were glaring at her  'smart- mouthed cousin' . Even her dad and Uncle were looking a little irritated .

Catherine had to agree ,  not only had her cousin  grown look wise this past years but she has grown confident too . 'A little too confident' , Catherine thought with a evil smirk , 'Ohh!! I am so going to enjoy this . By the end of this evening l will not only win Draco but also help my family put this freak and her family on their toes , it was time to up their game.'

  But before anyone could ask another question or try to humiliate the freak , the said cousin excused herself saying she needed to use the restroom .

  As Hermione turned and walked out of the room Laura leaned towards Catherine and said - "Maybe she has gone to gather her courage , must have taken her a lot of courage to lie so blatantly on our faces." But Catherine wasn't focusing because she was still staring at the opened door lost in her own thought . As her oversmart cousin had turned to leave for the restroom, Catherine eyes had focused for the first time on the gleaming emerald necklace that adorned her cousin's necklace . She had seen that same neaklace . Fuck!! she had daydream several times about that necklace and those beautiful earrings which also her cousin was wearing being gifted to her by a certain blond haired hot billionaire . Ohh she remembered that day as if it was tomorrow

Catherine was in a foul mood , first she wasn't able to catch her beauty sleep then her shoot hadn't gone great and to top it of she had found that the nail of her right hand index finger has broken!!!

There was only one thing that could enlighten her gloomy day - jewelries! Ohh she loved jewellery more then her career and her perfectly manicured nails .

As she stepped out of her car and started walking towards Tiffany , she wasn't paying attention and bumped into someone who was busy on his phone . When Catherine turned ready to chew the face of that idiot she was shocked . No it was more then that . She was well she was ....it was like love at first sight though in her case infatuation at first sight . Those silky platinum blonde hair , molten silver eyes , high cheek bones and  that sharp jaw !! Not to forget a great body . And that husking tone which was asking her - " Are you ohk?? " "Yeah , I am great ." she replied in a dreamy voice . 

  Her Prince charming turned and walked to his car not even giving her a second glance . It was then that she got out of her stupor and realised with a start that the hottie was none other than 'The Draco Malfoy' . She entered the shop still half shocked and found that the saleswomen were mummering to each other , probably talking about their last customer . Forgetting about the reason for which she had come to this place she straightened her back and walked briskly towards one of the clerks . Using her charms which have helped her so many times in her modeling career and to get laid , not that she has used it often her looks were enough , she found out what the leading hotelier was doing in a Jewelry Shop in the first place . The clerk has shown her the necklace and those earrings that he has asked the clerks to deliver it to hopely her mother's or a sister's place . She had immediately fallen in love with them but they were expensive even for her and even if she could afford there just was one piece that she was holding and it had which had already been bought by Draco .

'They are obviously fake . No way her freak for a cousin knew Draco . Maybe the clerk was lying and there indeed was another set . But even then there was no way she could afford it . Its just a fake replica of the original piece .' Catherine assured herself . But even she knew deep down that she was lying to herself .

" Fuck! Is that Draco Malfoy ?" Laura's voice more like a shriek brought Catherine back from her inner monologue . And sure enough there standing in a black suit looking like a greek god was none other than the man who has haunted her mind for the past year or so !!

_________________________________________

Firstly ,
DISCLAIMER : I don't own the Harry potter world or the characters . All the credits goes to J.K.Rowling .

Secondly , sorry for the idiotic title couldn't come up with one .

And lastly , how did you like it so far?? Sorry in advance for all the grammatical mistake (I suck !!) .

A Granger Family Reunion On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara