chapter 7 | nobody knows

Start from the beginning

aww.. i support them. i've seen y/n on their behind the scenes videos and she's so caring.

y/n's really pretty too.

i'm happy that jooheon has someone he can be happy with too..

i wish this is true and not like one of those rumors that are stirred up for attention or something.

"how could something like this happen?," you said, your voice barely coming out. "wait.. so you're saying because the fans like it, the company wants to confirm it? for what? clout?"

"y/n, i don't really know what we're going to do about it either. but, i just wanted to give you a heads up.."

"yeah.. thanks, min. i don't even know if i have the right to ask this but..." you stop yourself, too afraid to ask. you were glad minhyuk knew you too well for you to spill the words.

"changkyun's fine.. a little startled. maybe a little lost too. but he'll get over it." you let out a sigh. what were you thinking? he was the one who broke up with you. it's not like he would feel so hurt. he had five months to think that over.

"and joo?"

"he's also fine. he's worried about you. he keeps telling the company that you need protection but we haven't gotten a response.." you chuckled at his kindness.

"he should be worrying about himself." you said, causing the both of you two to let out a small laugh.

"i'm sure we'll get an answer by tomorrow. so pack your bags, just in case."

"pack my bags?" you look around your house with a lost look.

"yeah. just in case you might have to be moved to a safer area."

"what about my parents?" you say, worried about them as well. you hear minhyuk talking to someone on the other end so you remain silent. suddenly, you hear a few weird sounds like the phone was dropping on a blanket or something. you lower the volume, waiting for him to talk again.

"y/n?" you hear, all the sudden. jooheon..

"joo.. i'm really really sorry about this. i never meant for this to happen. i read the comments and even if the fans like it, it's going to ruin your career someday and i can't let that hap-"

"i'm confirming it."

"w-what?"

"i wanted to talk to you about it anyway.." now you were really confused. you stood up and walked over to your bedroom, wanting to feel your a little more of a comfort. you softly lie down on the bed and put the phone to your ear once again.

"talk about what?," you can hear his breathing lightly through the speaker. "is minhyuk there?"

"no.. he let me have his phone for a bit. the company's not letting me call you."

"joo.. don't go against the company rule-"

"y/n, can you just listen to me for a sec?" you shut yourself up as you waited for him to say something.

"i know this isn't really something to say right after you broke up with changkyun but..," you already could tell where he was going with this. you were an adult too. "i want you to give us a try. the company's willing to take full protection with you and your parents. i just got confirmation. but if you really don't feel anything for me, i'll tell them to reject it." this was too much pressure right now but you knew you didn't have a lot of time. you couldn't lie and say you hadn't felt something for him the last few years. but it also felt wrong since you still had feelings for changkyun.

"joo.. i won't lie. it's not like i haven't felt something for you before but.. i'm not over changkyun yet and that isn't fair to you."

"i'll wait. i'm willing too, at least.. i just want to know if you want to give this a try." but the only you could think of was getting hurt again. it was almost bound to happen. it happened with you and changkyun. whether it was the company, the constantly unnamed time schedules, or maybe he fell out of love with you. dating an idol was already hard for the both of you. you didn't know if you were ready for that. but it was also different with jooheon than when you were with changkyun. jooheon took the time to show anything. he didn't hold back when it came to showing you his feelings.