A New Journey (pt.2)

It started to get late as your journey with Li Jun felt like a never ending cycle of laughter.

"Should we find somewhere to sleep tonight?" Li Jun asked while examining your surroundings. You nodded in agreement and started looking around. The area had mountains surrounding you. It had flowers that grew on the sides of the mountains that were just beautiful. They had such gorgeous white color with the most vibrant green leaves and stems.

"I think this is fine." Li Jun said pointing at what seemed like a small cave indented into the mountain.

"Should we enter just a little more just to make sure we don't get ambushed?" You said to declare safety between you two.

"Yeah we can, let's go. Stand behind me so you don't get hurt though, okay (y/n)?"

"Thanks Li Jun." You said while smiling. You couldn't help but think about how kind and caring Li Jun had been to you ever since you two were little.. You started to drown in memories remembering the times he saved you from disaster. You remembered the time you fell into the lake and almost drowned, but he saved you, or the time you were being chased by a wolf, but Li Jun was there to fend it off so you could get to safety. Li Jun always put you before him.

You and Li Jun strolled into the cave but you guys came to a dead end. You sighed in relief, happy that you didn't have to get in combat and put Li Jun at risk of getting injured.

"Let's set up here." Li Jun said, dropping the backpack he was carrying. You started to roll out the blankets you had brought. After that, you took out the bag of yams and rice your mother had cooked for you two. You handed a yam to Li Jun and the two of you began eating.

"Are you excited to go to Liyue Harbor?" You asked, breaking the silence.

"Oh, well yeah of course!" Li Jun said while smiling.

"What are you planning to do when you get to Liyue Harbor?" You asked him.

"I plan to do whatever you do, or at least try to." You sighed in relief that you would hopefully have Li Jun by your side.

"What do you plan on doing, (y/n)"

"Oh, maybe working at a bookstore? Anything would be fine to me, as long as I can make money and provide for the village later in the future." You said while laying down and snuggling in your blanket.

"Rest well (y/n). We should get to Liyue by noon tomorrow!" Soon enough, you drifted to sleep.

You woke up to a ricochet in the cave. You were confused on what it was. You quickly shook Li Jun to wake up.

"Li Jun wake up! Hurry!!"

"Huh? What?" Li Jun said while still tired.

"I heard a big vibration in the cave but I don't know what it is. Try to pack up quickly while I scout the cave. It shouldn't take long." You said to Li Jun while picking up your bow. You had your knife resting by the side of your hip in case of any problem.

You started to investigate what happened and soon enough there was a monster, it had a steel color with a long skinny spine. It was on all fours. It had short stubby legs and was faceless. You couldn't believe your eyes. You quickly tried to shoot your arrows at it but the monster took no damage from it. You heard Li Jun running to you.

"(Y/n) I saw you try to shoot your arrows at it. It reflected them so there's probably a soft spot on this monster." Li Jun said, pulling out his sword. Li Jun closed his eyes in concentration to focus and identify the monster's weak spot.

"It's under the monster's foot." Li Jun said while getting in position to strike.

"(Y/n) I need you to force it to stand on its two legs. I promise to keep you safe." You nodded in agreement but you were confused on how you could force it to stand on its hind. Your bow did nothing for you at this point. You thought for a second longer and then soon realized that the texture on the face was different compared to the body. You grabbed an arrow from your quiver and aimed carefully for the monster's face. You made sure it was a guarantee hit.

Purple Hyacinth's जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें