Chapter Five: The Raccoon is Outta The Bag! (And running around the clubroom)

शुरू से प्रारंभ करें:

"Oh.. so that's how you knew I was a girl then too?" Haruhi gasped in realization.

Haida nodded his head. "Yep."

"Oh! Haida-kun is so cute!" Honi exclaimed having warmed up to the idea much quicker then everyone else apparently. "I wanna pet you! You're so fluffy!"

Haida was a little startled at that. He'd never really had anyone react that way to his transformation. Usually it's disgust or fear. This wasn't his worst form.. but it also wasn't his best. "I'll bite you." Haida threatened, uncomfortable with others touching him in such a vulnerable state. "And you know that raccoons can have rabies." He added, though clearly he did not have rabies.

"So are you stuck like this forever or.." Karou questioned worriedly.

"We change back.. but-"

POOF

"..we're naked." Haida blushed trying to cover his nude body as everyone turned away from him; he quickly beelined for the nearest changing area. "Could someone bring me my clothes, please?!" He requested once safely inside. He was so embarrassed on multiple levels. And so very scared.

His clothes were handed to him and he quickly put them back on. When he stepped out of the changing room his face was bright pink from embarrassment and shame. He couldn't look at any of them he just stared at the ground hoping it would swallow him whole. "You guys aren't going to tell anyone right?" He asked fearfully, if the secret got out.. who knew what would happen.

"P-Please don't say anything about it. It's-It's really important you don't." He continued trying not to cry. "I'll do anything you want if you just don't tell anyone. Please." He continued to ramble, begging. "I'll leave and never come back. You'll never see me again." He continued finally a sob breaking his voice.

He felt someone patting his head and when he looked up Tamaki was there, trying to comfort him without embracing him. "Stop crying. It's not very host-like." The blonde said with a soft smile. "Nobody wants you to go anywhere, Haida. You're a part of this club. We're a family."

The twins showed up either side of him arms resting on his shoulders. "Yeah. We wouldn't ever tell anybody something like that." They told him. "You're our little plaything. We don't like others playing with our toys." They added.

Honi came running over and shoved his beloved bunny Usa-Chan into Haida's arms. "Please don't leave us Haida-Kun! We love having you here!" He exclaimed worriedly. "I'll let you hold Usa-Chan everyday if you stay! We all want you here." He pouted out his lips puppy dog eyes looking up at him. Mori nodded his head in agreement.

"I am interested in your family's extraordinary condition. Telling others would make it a pain to obtain information." Kyoya supplied.

Haruhi hugged him and Haida broke down into tears; a mix between being overwhelmed and incredibly happy. He clung to Haruhi crying into her shoulder. "You.. you guys are amazing.. even after you found out what a freak of nature I am.. you really still want me to stay?"

He realized how stupid he was acting and quickly pulled away from all of them sniffling and rubbing roughly at his tear filled eyes. "Even if you guys do keep the secret. You might still have to have your memories erased." He told them sadly.

"What? Why?" Tamaki asked they all looked upset at that. "And how do you guys even do that?!"

"My uncle can erase people's memories. It's mostly used when someone finds out on accident. It doesn't hurt or anything, the memory will just disappear." Haida grumbled falling backward onto one of the many sofas. "If my family decides to do that I can't say no." Haida added grabbing a slice of Honi's cake to nibble on; stress eater. "I'm sorry."

"Then why don't you just not tell them?" The twins questioned raising their eyebrows.

"Yeah! Haida I don't want any memories of my precious little boy erased!" Tamaki gasped dramatically. "Just keep this a secret between all of us! Your family doesn't have to know anybody found out!"

Haida wasn't sure if that was a smart idea. If he was caught hiding that people found out.. who knew what Akito would do. But he also didn't want to disappoint his new friends. He was really stuck between a rock and a hard place.

"Can you give me some time to think about it? I won't say anything to them tonight. But I can't give you guys a straight answer till tomorrow." He said through a mouthful of chocolate cake.

Haruhi kneeled down in front of Haida. "Don't feel pressured into doing anything. We're your friends and we want you to be comfortable. We'll do whatever you need." Haruhi told him soothingly. That was comforting though Haida didn't know if everyone else would be as kind as her.

"So you guys aren't.. freaked out?" He questioned, it was strange how well they all accepted it.

"Of course we are." The twins said in unison. "We thought you were weird before.. but this is crazy."

"Yes it does defy all logic. Turning into animals should be impossible." Kyoya muttered scribbling something in his little black notebook. "So there are fourteen of you with this ability?"

Haida nodded his head. It felt wrong and good at the same time to discuss this stuff with new people. "Yeah. The twelve animals of the zodiac. And the cat and me." He explained hands resting on his trembling knees nervously.

"How long has your family been cursed?" Was Kyoya's next question, he was looking at Haida as if the first year was a science experiment.

"I.. I don't know. It goes back generations. I have no idea." Haida said feeling a bit uncomfortable with the questions and stares. "Nobody really knows why it happens or how.. it just does. It has been happening to our family way before I was born and it's always been a terrible secret." Haida added, while being afflicted by the curse he really didn't have much understanding of it. Haida didn't think anyone understood it.. probably not even Akito.

The raccoon got up and picked up his bag once again. "I'm headed home." He told them, he was so overwhelmed by anxiety. He wasn't sure what to do. The secret was out and to the children of some of the most powerful people in the world. Also the biggest idiots Haida had ever met. "Please just keep your mouths shut." He pleaded with them, giving the eye to the twins, Honi, and Tamaki more specifically. He trusted Haruhi, Mori, and Kyoya to keep their word.

Walking home Haida wondered about his new friends. How instead of immediately being repulsed by him they begged him to stay. What was wrong with them? They mustn't be normal. Normal people would never be okay with him.

Garbage Breath (OHSHC x Fruits Basket) जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें