s1:ep4→discoveries

Start from the beginning

Do it again ?

"You want me to apologize to you again? Did I not satisfy your pride the first time?"

"No. Not that," He closed his eyes, suddenly finding interest on the wooden floor. His cryptic words gave you a sense of vexation.

"What do you want me to do then, Kusuo?"

He was caught off guard by his given name. His continuous hesitation towards you was becoming obvious and that thought alone agitated him.

His eyes made its way to yours, staring directly into your soul, secretly hoping for you to just dissipate into thin air.

I want you to..., Saiki tested the words in his head. He was unable to come up a wording that doesn't lead to an ignominious misunderstanding.

Who cares, Saiki bitterly thought. What he's asking is straightforward with no ill intent. He wants to test something. That's all.

The only ones that can hear them right now are the spectral companions of a certain spirit medium.

It's fine, he reassured himself.

I...

I want you to touch me, he thought

"I want you to hold me," he said.

Both are equally weird, his eyebrows furrowed.

The smoothness of his voice and the intense gaze he's using on you wasn't helping his situation either. He unconsciously clenched his jaw when you didn't give an immediate response.

...What in the..?

For a second, you thought he was teasing you but that wasn't the case. What--why is he suddenly so out of character?

He watched you take a breath in, and then huffing it out of disbelief.

"Never in my life would I thought someone would say that to me..." you mumbled, in a daze.

As a form of coping mechanism, you made a jest about it.

"What the hell? Didn't think you were a pervert! Better luck next time, buddy," As an added effect, you huffed. Hoping that it helped tone down the tension that Saiki accidentally created.

He recollected himself, cooling down without you noticing his current state with the help of his pyrokinesis.

Why bother getting nervous? That reaction was expected, the psychic mentally shook his head.

"Get your head out of the gutter. I want you to hold my shoulders again. I think I just discovered something," he said.

A discovery?

You yourself have always been a curious child. You recall what  your papa told you when you were young--it was something about cats and dying but you can't really remember.

Hesitantly, you awkwardly obliged to his request,

"Can you finally hear me?" He said, without parting his lips.

He tried searching for your voice in the deep sea of obnoxious thoughts and futile worries.

But when your hands slid from his shoulder down to the warmth of his hands--your arms were getting tired--everything halts to a deafening silence.

Your voice was the loudest of them all.

I do, You nodded, fascinated.

So this is telepathy, huh? Is this a normal recurring thing that people do everyda--