I

Hi, wrote this in 2013, revised through the years, and finalized in 2015. I'm my own editor so pls. forgive me. Also, pls. help me become a better writer by leaving a comment below.

Thanks,

___________________

A Short Story by Narie20

I

The first time Keera Mae saw a Ferrari she was thrilled; it was fierce in red, fast and dominating. Its engine raging like a true 'beast machine' on the road. The way a Ferrari she expected to be. But on this day, this particular Ferrari she was looking at, was not giving her all that fascinating and intense feelings she usually get. It was speeding recklessly, swaying uncontrollably and giving her nothing but the feeling of terror. The car was heading straight at her.

Her heart skipped a beat and everything moved in slow motion...

She remembered she just ended her summer job that day. It was four o'clock in the afternoon and it would have been a nice day to go to the beach with her friends. But instead, she went to the bus stop alone to go back home.

It was 28 degrees outside the freeway but being from a tropical country she's used to this kind of heat. There were no traffic lights in this area only a roundabout. It wasn't rush hour so there was no traffic. Only a few cars passsed by.

When the Ferrari came closer, she saw a couple; a man and a woman. The woman was driving and it seemed that she had lost her mind and had become suicidal. The man however was yelling and panicking. He was moving sideways to protect himself.

Her body's reflex threw her backward as the car made a long sharp turn before it hit the grid and went airborne. It smashed the glass waiting station she was in and broke it to pieces. She saw the right back wheel close to her left eye and felt its dust and rock bits fell on her face. She landed far backwards and flat on the ground. She heard a long loud screech,

And then silence...