Chapter Six

"Once you'd gone there was never
Never an honest word"
Viva la Vida - Coldplay

The loud, strange noise woke Madison up. It was so sudden that only after a while she began to process what happened and where she was. She didn't see much, it was a dark, small room, probably in the basement and she was tied up to some metal pipe. All she could remember was entering the building and the big pain in the back of her head. Did anyone hear that? Did they notice she's gone? Will they ever find her?

"Hello Madison" a male voice brought her back from her thoughts. "How was your sleep?"

"Why would you do that?" Madison said while trying to break free.

"Why would I do what?" the criminal said with a smirk.

"Why would you kidnap me? Beatrice wasn't enough for you?" the girl asked with anger.

"The girl got what she deserved. I could do more, but you showed up. I had everything planned, but you ruined it. So now you're gonna pay."

"Oh really? So what are you gonna do? Beat me just like her? Maybe kill me this time?" Madison said.

"No, it would be too easy. C'mon, who do you think I am?" David said pretending to be hurt. "I'll have some fun and when I'll be done, I'll figure out what to do with you. Hopefully, your friends will give us much time to achieve all of this."

"You disgust me."

"I know, that's the whole point" he winked at her and got out of the room. But it didn't take long for him to go back.

"I almost forgot. Your so-called best friend didn't resist my touch when I visited her at the hospital. I can say she enjoyed that."

"How could you rape a girl in a coma?" Madison said feeling sick at what the man just told her.

"Have fun down there Madison" were the last words she heard from him in a while.

He didn't come to her for a long time, at least she thought so. Minutes felt like hours, hours felt like days. At first, she was trying to break, but after a while, she was too exhausted to do this.

"What if they won't find me? What if I'll have to spend there the rest of my life?" Madison thought. "I should have killed him when I had a chance. I should have killed him when I walked into that hallway when he was beating my partner. I should have killed him when I put the gun in his head. I had so many chances and yet I still did it by the book. What was I thinking?"

Two voices stopped her from thinking.

"Are you out of your mind?!" one of the voices said but Madison could recognize who it was.

"I told you she was the one who made me go through this hell" David said.

"I don't care what she did to you. That's Olinsky's daughter! One of the best and the most dangerous cops in the city. You have no idea how much trouble we are in now."

"I don't care who this man is. All I care about is to accomplish my plan. Nothing will stop me from it, especially you. If you're scared then go, I don't need you here."

"They'll lock me if I go and you know that. It'll be very suspicious don't you think? A wanted criminal coming out of the house next to the vacant church they are investigating right now. What a surprise!" The unknown man said with a mockery in his voice.

"It's your call then. I'm not going anywhere until I'm done with her." David announced and they both got out of the basement.

~

Meanwhile, Intelligence was far from finding any evidence. They searched everything but there was no sight of Madison and her kidnapper. Not even a single print or dust. Nothing. Where would they go? Why haven't they heard anything?

"Maybe they are not as far as we thought they would be" Adam said with a lack of faith.

"What do you mean?" Al asked.

"I think they couldn't go far. We could hear a car starting or closing doors or even a small noise from the outside. But there was none. We need to search this place again, even more carefully."

"I think he's right" Jay said. "But we don't have enough people to do that. Some of them are already exhausted."

"Alright. I'll tell Trudy to send us some help. Other districts, firefighters, anything. We need to find her soon." Voight announced and left to make a call.

They had no idea what were they dealing with. Madison didn't give them information that would change the whole investigation. It wasn't only about the dangerous man but also about the place they were exploring. Was it just an abandoned church? Was it even a church?

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

It's good to be back! I hope you all enjoyed another chapter. What do you think will happen next? Will they find her? Will David accomplish his plan? Or maybe something else?
Anyway, I hope you all are healthy and safe during this crazy time! Stay strong and remember to wear a mask 💘