Chapter Eleven

"I said, 'I would never fall unless it's you I fall into' "
Until I found you - Stephen Sanchez

The weather was really generous that spring. Every day was warm and there was no sign of the rain. Someone could say it was a calm before the storm. But Madison wasn't one of them. She missed those days, they always kind of reminded of her childhood. Even though it was a difficult time for her, she was a happy child.

When she got into her apartment, she took a orange juice from her refrigerator and made her way to the balcony. She haven't noticed how wonderful view she had from there. She could sit there and look at the main street of Chicago, just like she did when she was younger. The city has changed throughout the years but it still amazed her. She could not choose a better place to live, even though it wasn't the safest city in the US. Those skyscrapers, always busy streets, people going in different directions, she loved every single piece of it. For her, taking a step back and watching the life just go on was kinda relaxing. She enjoyed it since she was a little kid.

The door bell brought Madison from her thoughts.

"Have I invited someone?" she thought. "No, I'd remember that."

At this point she didn't know what she should do. She was alone with bruises all over her body. There was no one to help her, she couldn't even defend herself. But she knew she had to look who it is.

After looking Madison felt relieved. She didn't even hesitate to open the door.

"Hi!"

"Hi.. What are you doing here?"

"I saw you had a very stressful day, so I thought you'd need some company afterwards." Antonio said making his way right past her to go deeper into the apartment.

"Well thank you, I actually needed some time by myself but-"

"Oh, I'm so sorry then. I can go if you want to?"

"No, no! That's not what I meant. I'm glad you're here. There was too much going on that we didn't even get to know each other properly."

"Yeah, that's one of the reasons why I decided to come by." Antonio smirked. "I brought some beers with me too."

"I guess you thought about everything."

"Well I think I did."

~

After couple beers and endless conversation Madison started to feel some kind of tension between her and Antonio. At first she didn't thought about it much, they were just friends getting to know each other, nothing more than that. Even though she wanted more she couldn't even say a word. She was too afraid to do that.

"What are you thinking of?" Antonio brought her back from her thoughts.

"Oh, um- nothing important, don't worry."

"You wouldn't just stare at the carpet for two minutes if it wasn't important."

"Yeah- no, I mean.. There's nothing to be concern about. Please don't worry. What were we talking about?"

"Well I was telling you how empty the station was when you weren't with us. I mean we all missed you, but for me it just haven't felt the same with you."

"What do you mean?"

"I don't know. I just- I feel like there's no one like you, you know? We had some different cops covering you but it wasn't the same."

"So you're basically saying that you missed me?" Madison smirked.

"No- I mean, yes. I mean kind of."

"Ohh, someone's getting a little bit nervous."

"Yeah, maybe a little." Antonio softly smiled. "I just haven't felt like this in a very long time."

"Felt how?"

"C'mon I thought you noticed already."

"What should I notice?"

"Oh God.." Antonio took a deep breath before continuing. "From your first day at work, to this day I can't stop thinking about you. I just feel like we have some sort of special connection with each other. Like you were meant for me by any meaning."

"Oh-"

"I'm so sorry, I knew you wouldn't feel the same way. I'm literally so sorry. Just forget what I said."

"No, please, don't be sorry. I feel kind of the same about you actually."

"Madison please, if you want to mess with me, then choose a different subject."

"No, I'm not messing around. I meant what I said. I even remember it all. When I first took a proper look at you I just kind of stopped noticing others." Madison laughed softly. "From that moment I felt something unusual towards you. It's different, nothing I felt before. I-"

She couldn't even finish when their lips were connected by Antonio. It was a quick, soft kiss, but it made some sort of things to Madison's body. She has never felt like this before. Don't get her wrong, she was in many relationships, but they weren't serious for her.

When their lips touched she felt like the time just stopped. It was their moment, something so normal, yet so unique.

"Sorry, I- I shouldn't have done that." Antonio said kind of embarrassed.

"No, you totally should have do that." Madison said before connecting their lips again.

That kiss was much different. More passionate, intense than the previous one. It didn't take much time to get more steamy. They both tried to take it slow, but they couldn't take their hands off each other. They first undressed each other, then Antonio picked Madison up and took her to bedroom. Seconds felt like minutes, minutes felt like hours. It felt like the magic was happening between them, like it was the dream everyone wish they have.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hi!
Thanks for reading another chapter! This one is much different then the others, I was kinda struggling with it 😅
Let me know what you think!
Stay safe! 💘