Im thankful for Quidditch

Y/n POV:
It's finally November and all the 2nd years were going crazy About Quidditch, even I was pretty amped. My mom had me playing since I was 6, its so thrilling it kills me. "hey y/n" said Hermione while walking towards me. "hey, whatcha doing" I replied. "oh just on my way to our first flying class" she said with a grin on her face. "crap, let's go now before We're late". We got there just on time. "everyone line up next to your broom" said madam hooch. Hermione and I line up next to each other. "now everyone say up. when the broom comes up to you, mount it. You will be practicing lift-off so don't go too far". Everyone starts to yell up, even Hermione. I took a deep breath and calmly commanded "up" the broom came up. I mounted it and lifted off. "yes y/n, now come down" I landed perfectly. Other students started to do the same. After the class, Hermione and I headed to Quidditch tryouts, we met Ron there, we couldn't try out but we were there to watch the boys. The tryouts went on, afterward, we met everyone on the field. "hey guys" called out Harry. "you were awesome out there" I hugged him as he hugged me back. Then he started to talk to Hermione and Ron. "you guys also didn't do too bad" I say while smirking at Fred and George. They walked over to me and together put their arm's around my shoulder. We started to walk over to Hermione, Ron and Harry when... "hill" I heard from behind me. "oh hey Diggory" I say while walking towards him. "I'm hoping I'd also getting a hug," he says jokingly. "come here you big slug" Cedric and I went in for a hug. I could feel everyone staring at us, it felt like daggers, but I'm ok with that. We both pulled away, "am I going to see you at all my games, cuz if you are, I think I would like that" he says in a flirty voice. "Yes. yes you will" I pulled his arm, pulling him down enough so I could kiss him on the cheek. I felt myself turn into a tomato as I walked away. "ohhhh" I could hear my friends say. "shut up" I snapped quickly. "so you and lover boy are a thing now" said Fred, clearly annoyed. "no, we are just friends" i stated. "really, cuz I could see you're getting quite friendly" Fred said while putting up air quotes when he said friendly. "Woah, calm down Jamal, don't pull out the nine" we all laughed. "ok fine, you win. This time" Fred said.

Freds POV:
I hated seeing her with him but what could I do? It's not like I could tell her. Could I?

Back to your POV:
I continued to go watch the Quidditch games and practices, it was pretty cool. "y/n!" I heard behind me. "hey Fred, what's up?" I ask. "You want to come to my next game since I made the team" Fred asked. I nodded and he replied "ok" topping it off with a wink. I turned away from him so he couldn't see me blushing. Damn, he was cute, I couldn't stop looking at him sometimes. But I need to stop.

Time jump: thanksgivings
It's finally thanksgiving and I feel ready to stuff my face. I can't wait till dinner.

Dinner came around and we ate while chatting. The next day we were told who made the Quidditch team. They all made it. We had a small party to congratulate the guys. "congrats guys" I said. Cedric walked over to me, put a louse piece of hair behind my ear, and whispered in it. He said, "meet me at the lake". After the party, I got some fresh clothes on, And went to the lake. "hey" I heard a soft voice say. "hi Cedric" I responded. I hugged him as he led me somewhere. It was a huge oak tree, under it was a picnic. We sat down and talked for hours. After a certain point, Cedric asked, "can I kiss you?". I nodded and we kissed. Don't get me wrong, the kiss was great but I didn't feel sparks. It just felt like nothing, like a hug from a stranger, nothing. We sat there for a minute before he said something. "y/n, I need to tell you something, but I don't want you to be mad". "yeah, sure, shoot" I said in a confused tone. "After today, I realized I don't really like you, not like this. Can we still be friends?" I let out a sigh of relief. "oh thank goodness, I don't like you either, like that. I kinda like someone else". I felt free after saying that. He told me that he likes Cho, a girl in my year that I had never met. I told him about Fred. He almost didn't believe me. We talked till 2 am, then he dropped me off at my house painting.

When I entered the common room I found Fred sleeping there, it looked like he was waiting for someone. Could it be me? I shook his shoulder. "come on, you need to get up. You can't stay here" I said, I could see his eyes started to open. I held his face, "come on, you can't stay here" he slowly got up and walk to his dorm with me. I slowly put him down on his bed and reached to kiss him on the head, trying not to wake his roommates. I went to my dorm and drifted to sleep.