i. | NO WITNESSES

FILE n°888 | SUBJECT RED

▓▓▓▓▓▓▓ loading

╭─────────╮
HYDRA base
siberia, unknown
╰─────────╯

march 8th, 2014

It had been roughly about a year since the Soldier remembered Sashenka. Since that very moment in Odessa where he had carried her limp body in his arms back to the Facility, he had sworn to himself that he would do anything and everything to protect his daughter. This meant not letting anyone know that he remembered her. So, for the next two years, the father and daughter didn't acknowledge one and other except for the brief interactions that they would have when the guards were not around. For the first year, almost every single mission Sashenka went on, the Soldier would follow, until she turned eleven years old. After that day, HYDRA deemed that the now eleven year old was old enough to carry out small missions by herself, when the mission lasted longer than a few weeks, the Soldier was brought along, to make sure the child carried out the mission. It was during those long missions, where only one or two agents accompanied them that the father and daughter could interact with each more. They spoke in English, because the guards only understood Russian and assumed the Soldier was briefing the girl. They were all convinced that there was no way he could remember her after they had wiped his mind, so they were less vigilant.

During the last two years, Sashenka had grown and changed. She was no longer a small, wide eyed little girl, no, she was now two years older. The guards had taken it upon themselves to cut the girl's hair that had become greasy, oily and matted over the years, since her showers mostly consisted of guards throwing buckets of ice cold water at her naked form while they laughed at her incapacity to fight back. Her red hair now reached her shoulders and was unevenly cut. The front pieces were shorter, causing her hair to form some type of curtain bangs that the Soldier had to pin back himself before each mission.

Ever since Sashenka had fallen back into the hands of HYDRA, she was constantly being sent on missions, which inevitably led to the girl accumulating scars and injuries over her body. The top half of her left ear had been slightly nicked by a knife that had been thrown at her face during one of her first missions. It wasn't immediately noticeable at first glance and didn't affect her hearing, which was always nice. Another one was a scar that caused a small slit in her right eyebrow. This one didn't have a particularly terrifying backstory, Sashenka had tripped over her Papa's foot and hit her head on the side of a table during a mission. Her Papa had laughed about it when they were alone after her stitched were done. Finally, her worst and most recent injury had been acquired during her last solo mission in Sweden. An explosive had gone off where was standing and the heat had caused her to lose sight in her left eye. She had been rushed back to the HYDRA base where the doctors had replaced her blind eye with a brand new one. When Sashenka had woken up after that, she had looked at herself in the reflection of the metal tray and noticed that she now had one blue eye and one green eye. It didn't feel very different to before, it just felt like she had a normal pair of eyes.

Her past missions ever since returning to HYDRA had made her a world famous assassin just like her parents once were. Her and her Papa were both ghost stories for most. While they called him the Winter Soldier, she had gained the new name of the Shadow Weaver. The Shadow Weaver was an assassin that stayed put in the shadows until, just like a vulture, she leaped from the darkness to finish off her prey and left without a single witness, the same way she came in. Most people tended to underestimate her in her first year, now, she became, just like her father, an assassin credited with close to fifty assassinations over the past two years.