Chapter 26

"Would things be better..."

.

.

'Oh, hell no! This bitch has a crowbar!' You internally scream as you stare in pure disbelief at Len's phone.

Len shakes out of whatever horrified trance he's in before a determined expression takes over his face. He's not letting this girl into his house. The beauty of the recently installed security cameras at the Kagamine household is that there are many of them hidden around the perimeter—all with night vision capabilities. Although the image isn't very clear, you two now have a slightly better view of the girl's face. The grainy image shows someone familiar, yet unknown. You've definitely seen her glaring daggers at you in the hallways once or twice.

"I think she goes to our school," you inform Len.

"She clearly didn't know about the security system. Oh look, she's trying to climb up your window." He notes while taking a screenshot of the blurry image. "Well, now we know what the crowbar is for," he adds sarcastically. You two watch in slight horror as the girl expertly starts to climb up the side of the house with the crowbar in her mouth. As impressive as that is, it's also highly concerning. It's as if your enemies are actually sending ninjas to attack you now.

Len goes to the security settings and grins. "I got it! I'll turn on the sound alarm—that'll scare her off."

...Scare her off?

"No, wait." You stop him, grabbing his wrist. "May I do it?" You ask. He stares at you with questioning eyes before nodding and handing you his phone. You observe the intruder and decide to wait a little longer. She's strong, you note as you watch her effortlessly hoist herself up onto your windowsill. She's about to use the crowbar to open your window, but then she looks up slightly and realizes there's a small blinking red light above her. Her eyes widen when she realizes she's staring right into the camera, and that's when you strike. You tap the sound alarm button, which you know for a fact emits an ear piercing noise, and watch in triumph as the girl screams and falls.

Len's mouth gapes open and he's not sure whether to stare at you or the screen. "Wha—(Name), that was brutal."

"Are you implying she didn't deserve it?" You inquire with a low tone. Okay, so maybe what you just did was a little mean, but in your defense, she was mean first.

"She had that coming for sure. I just...didn't expect it from you," he admits with a surprised laugh. He clearly doesn't realize how angry you are. Sure, this girl is committing a crime, but more importantly, she just ruined your date! For some odd reason, to you that was more of an unforgivable offense than breaking in was. You glare down at the screen, watching as the girl rolls a bit in pain while covering her ears. You feel bad for your neighbors, but you aren't turning that sound alarm off until you feel like it.

Soon, another girl enters the scene. You briefly check the camera set in the front of the house and notice an expensive electric car parked nearby, though you can't see the license plate number.

"Looks like this new girl is getting her out of there. What do you want to do?" You ask.

"There's nothing we can do from here. We'll decide what to do when we go home, but for now, let's just watch." Len says.

The new girl, who also looks familiar from school, helps carry the crowbar girl back to the car. You don't know what they planned to break into your room for, but whatever it was could not be good. Your eyes narrow into slits before you go to the sound alarm's setting page and crank it up to the highest volume. The new girl almost drops her friend on their way to the car because of how piercing the alarm is due to your tampering and Len wonders if you're trying to make them go deaf.