Part 2

"Wake up dear".

She felt the soft skin against her cheek. Catherine managed to open her eyes but a bright light hurt her and she quickly covered them with her arm.

"Who are you?"

Her voice was soft and calm like the one of an angel. Catherine's curiosity proved stronger and she uncovered her eyes. The woman standing over her was not human. She was too beautiful and too perfect to be human. Her green eyes were shining in the sunlight and her bright red hair was adorned with a crown of flowers. But the most beautiful thing on her was her wings.

"I'm your mother".

Catherine got up and took a step back. "You're not my mother. My mother died when i was a baby". She looked around. Her father had warned her about people who would want to hurt her, but she didn't excpet that they would be so stupid. But she wasn't gullible.

"Of course i am, silly. Because i died that doesn't mean i don't love you". She tried to hug Catherine, but she pulled away".

"If you claim to be my mother, tell me something that only she would know".

The woman smiled. "When you were just a few months old you had to have a surgery, because you couldn't breathe. You still have the scar in the middle of your chest. But you're ashamed to show it to the world and that's why you only wear clothes that can hide it".

Catherine's hand nervously started playing with her shirt. She could feel the scar under it. Only her father knew about it, she was always very secretive. But it would take more for her to believe.

"Where is my dad? I'll only believe you when i hear him say it".

Her smile quickly got wider "My love. He raised you well". She turned around. "Ryan, come in. Your daughter is being stubborn".

"I did raise her well". Dad's smile was peaceful. She'd never seen him like that before. He was always stressed and sad. But this time he was happy.