I noticed Sam walk out of the bathroom drying his hand with a towel as he asked, "What are you thinking about."

I let out a deep sigh as my eyes flickered from Sam back to Devyn, "We need to bench her."

Sam looked at me surprised as he said, "You know, she won't like that."

"I don't care, she shouldn't even have come with us to that house tonight. She can barely walk," I barked back, letting out my frustration.

Sam raised his hands up and said, "Listen, I one hundred percent agree with you, but she will fight it. You know she will."

I sighed again as I ran my hand up my face and through my hair, knowing Sam was right, "I just can't keep seeing her get hurt like this. It's like this year is cursed or something. She has never gotten this hurt before."

Sam hesitated for a moment looking like he was in deep thought, "You know, Dad kept talking about how dangerous this all is. Maybe, Devyn is tied to it somehow too. I mean why did Meg go at her so hard, and not us."

I stood there for a few seconds thinking this over. Maybe Sam has a point. I mean yeah she taunted us both, and slapped us around a bit, but she attacked Devyn. She purposefully used a spell to attack her abilities. I shook my head.

"Meg, was just being a bitch. She was probably just intimidated by her. I mean did you notice the flicker of fear that ran through her eyes when Devyn told her she was gonna kill her," I said, not wanting to think about the other option.

Sam nodded acknowledging he recalled what I had noticed. I sighed again, my shoulders slumping in exhaustion. How am I supposed to focus on this case when I can't stop thinking, worrying about Devyn. We should have taken her to the hospital, and kept her there. At least she would be safe there.

"You should get some rest, too. You look tired," Sam said, looking at me with the same worried expression I'm constantly using on Devyn.

I narrowed my eyes at him, but nodded anyway. I didn't have it in me to really talk about any of this right now. Again, my eyes made their way to Devyn. She always looked so peaceful when she slept. No worries, fears, no crinkles in her face. Everything was smoothed out, relaxed, and she looked so beautiful.

I smiled softly as I made my way to her, joining her in the bed. I laid on my side watching her, not wanting to touch, or move her so she could rest properly. I took her in one more time, placing a gentle kiss on her forehead before falling asleep myself.

Devyn's POV:

I slowly woke up, hearing two voices talking to my right. I groaned as I stretched, which ultimately ended with me hissing in pain, as I pulled at my new stitches. Thankfully it didn't hurt as much this time when Sam did them, but I was overcome with exhaustion once Sam had finished.

I scrunched my face in confusion wondering how long I had slept for. I rolled over seeing Dean smiling down at me holding a notebook in his hands, a drawing on it. I looked over a little more and noticed Sam glued to the computer screen in front of him. I groaned again as I slowly sat up, looking at the clock. I gasped in surprise as I saw that it was almost noon.

I looked back at Dean questioningly, shocked they didn't wake me up sooner. Noticing my stare he rolled his eyes.

"You needed your rest. You have serious injuries, and I pushed you too hard last night," Dean said, a hint of guilt flashing in his eyes.

It was my turn to roll my eyes at the man in front of me. I knew he was going to blame himself for how last night went. It wasn't his fault. I mean yeah, he did pull and push me around a little roughly, but it kept me safe from the creepy ghost thing that lives in that house.

Noticing my disapproving glare Dean said, "It is and you know it."

I huffed out annoyed before relaxing my face as I took his face in my hands, kissing him softly. I pulled away smiling softly, hoping I got my point across. I didn't blame him, and he should know that.

He looked deep into my eyes for a moment before nodding his head in understanding. I smiled a little bigger, glancing down at the notepad in his hands. A look of confusion cast over my face as I saw the same symbol drawn on the paper that we saw in the house. I looked back up giving him a questioning look.

Frustration flashed across his face as he explained, "I know this symbol somehow, but I don't know where I've seen it before."

I nodded in acknowledgement. I looked back at the symbol, and shook my head in confusion. I've never seen this symbol before, so I had no idea what it meant. I looked back up to Dean before looking over to Sam, silently asking what he was doing.

Dean, being an expert in reading my silence answered, "He's doing some research, like always." I smirked at his sarcastic remark, and shook my head.

I started to get up, trying to hide my wince, so I could go to the bathroom and get ready for the day. I cleared my throat as I reached for my cane, and hoisted myself out of bed, cautiously.

I started to walk towards the bathroom and heard Sam say, "I still don't understand how you know what she is always trying to say."

Dean scoffed and said, "Well, it's not that hard. After you left we spent a lot of time together, plus she's not that hard to read."

I turned around as quickly as I could, and glared at him playfully, sticking my tongue out at him. He looked at me with a playful smirk as he chuckled at my childish response to what he said. Rolling my eyes I finally turned around and entered the bathroom.

I quickly brushed my teeth, washed my face, and brushed my hair before looking at myself in the mirror. Despite the little drawback I had yesterday, I looked so much better than I did almost two days ago. My eyes were still accompanied by dark circle, but there was a sparkle of light that was making its way back into my eyes. I could tell I was getting better, allowing myself to play around with Dean just before coming in here, and I almost smiled remembering the smile that spread across his face as I childishly stuck my tongue out at him.

I'm making progress, and I really think crying it out yesterday really helped. I'm not stupid though, I know I won't be a hundred percent better for awhile, but knowing I am getting better makes me hopeful. Hopefully I won't feel this ache in my chest forever. Even though I feel it everyday now, and can't get the images of my parents out of my head.

My smile disappeared as I started to think about how bad Meg messed up my head. It's like every time I see my parents, every bad thing that I have gone through is played right after. Everything is played on a loop constantly, even when I am enjoying myself.

I cleared my throat trying not to ruin the semi-good mood I'm in this morning. I also am making it a goal to talk more today. I talked a few times yesterday, and it felt good. Trying to communicate through looks can be quite difficult sometimes, and I'm glad Dean understands me most of the time.

I stood up, as tall as I could without pulling at my new stitches, and confidently walked out of the bathroom.