Part 3

Jocelyn's breath caught as she slipped her hand into the draw and took a kitchen knife out.

Sebastian's eyes swept his mother, knowing he could easily over-power her. Then she did something unexpected: she feigned an attack to his side, and Sebastian drove the blade in. Only she wasn't there anymore, and her disappearence was accompanied by sharp sting in his side.

Someone cried out in pain, and it wasn't Sebastian.

He'd gritted his teeth and had twirled around, as graceful as an angel.

Jocelyn was right there, behind him, blood dripping from her blade. Sebastian's lips curled into a snarl as he lunged for her. They fought, Jocelyn's blunt blade clashing with his dagger in a shower of sparks. Someone screamed, and Sebastian stopped. Someone, Jace, grabbed his wrist and slammed it backwards.

"What are you doing?" Jace's face was aghast, his eyes wide open. Sebastian saw Clary, tending to her mother. "You could've killed her mother," Jace added, his shoulders tensed.

"Calm down," Sebastian grinned, "i was just playing."

Clary slapped him, her finger connecting with his jawline and her fist power forcing him backwards. He gasped. First Jocelyn, now Clary: what was happening to him? How could he have let two women get the better of him?

Then, seeing Jace massaging his cheek just like he was doing, brought him back to the truth. Clary was holding her hand, her lower lip trembling as she stared at Jace.

"Oh my god," she kept repeating, and this made Sebastian want to slap her back, shove her until he broke every single bone in her small, frail body.

"What is going on here?" Luke was standing in the doorway, trying to take everything in.

"Not the werewolf now, please," Sebastian said, picking up his dagger from the floor.

Now they were all on two different sides of the room, Clary, Jocelyn and Luke opposite to them.

Luke bared his fangs, "leave," he hissed.

Sebastian grinned, his posture back to relaxed.

"Only if Clary is with us," Jace's voice had a razor sharp edge, wrong with his angelic features.

Sebastian suddenly tensed as Jocelyn threw her knife. She'd aimed right for the heart, but Sebastian plucked the dagger out of the air like it was a piece of paper. The room erupted.

Clary howled like a wounded animal, trying to throw herself on her mother, only Jace keeping her back. Luke flunged himself on Jocelyn, shielding her with his body.

Sebastian attacked, teeth bared, his dark eyes flashing. His dagger seemed to be alive, his hands merely guiding it into the target: Luke's chest. Jocelyn made a choking sound and then a blood-curling scream left her lips, making everyone in the room shudder. Sebastian reached for Clary, but she pulled back. He retreated to Jace, looked at him, then they both disappeared.

Jocelyn fell to the floor next to Luke's convulsing body and Clary did the same. Together, they tended to their outer, and inner wounds.