53. If I Could, I Would

Start bij het begin

To say that I'm excited would be an understatement. I am nervous and excited at the same time. Exhilarated. I'm finally going back. It's a golden chance to retrieve my memories and myself. Although I initially planned to come back when I remember everything, I think the wait has been dragged out for too long.

I know in myself that if I want to fully recover my memories, I need to come back to the place where it all started, that I'll find whatever I'm longing for, in that place.

"You know, I did a research about your bracelet." Amber spoke out from beside me, making me turn away from the window and look at her.
"That is like the creepiest thing I ever heard." Sean laughed out quietly, making Amber elbow him.

"Ouch! I mean come on. Imagine if I told you. Amber I did a research about your tattoos, I didn't know that you are blah, blah, blah." He defended, making Amber sigh.
"She asked me to help her. It is not like I just did it randomly cause I was bored." She argued.

"Okay, enough, you two. What did you find Amber?" I asked stopping them from arguing any further. She gave Sean one last hit with her elbow before fully turning to me, leaving Sean groaning.

"Well, I'm not exactly sure about it but I searched it up and found out that it could be a soul accessory." She explained.
"What?!" I exclaimed, immediately covering my mouth as I realized how loud I've been. I looked at her with wide eyes.

"What?" I repeated once I finally regained self control.
"You mean I might have actually found my soulmate already?" I added, still in shock.
"Well, I'm not exactly saying that but most of the articles I've read lean more on that possibility. Although some claim that it could be different. Like in the ancient times, people would gift silver to mark a milestone or achievement." She explained, leaving Sean and I in shock.

"Woah! Too much information at the same time." Sean mumbled, making us nod.
"To narrow it down, there are 3 possible case scenarios. A, your Grammie gave it to you as a simple gift since you turned 21. B, she knew of your soulmate so she gave it to you and your soulmate. Or C, both. She gave it to you as a gift and a soul accessory, silver for the milestone and a pair to which one you gave to a soulmate already." She explained as I continues to stare at her in shock, trying to comprehend everything she just said.

"I-I don't get why you're explaining it to me now. W-while we're literally on a plane to Beijing, why didn't you tell me sooner?!" I whisper shouted, grabbing get by the ear and lightly pinching and twisting.
"Ow! Ouch Y/N! Stop." She complained as she pulled away and rubbed at her ear.

"I just researched last night, okay? Sorry." She said, pouting as she continued to rub.
"Besides, let us not jump into conclusions. Those are only my theories." She added.
"Well, which one do you think is more likely then?" I pushed, staring intently at her.
"How am I to know?" She complained and turned away.

"Amber! Come on!" I whined, tugging on her arm.
"Do you even remember where you were on your 21st birthday?" Sean asked, making me turn to him instead and stop tugging on Amber.
"I remember joining a competition. An idol survival show. But the thing is that, every time I get flashbacks of that, all the people's face are blurry. It's frustrating." I answered, running my hands through my hair.

"I think scenario C is more likely." Sean spoke up.
"I mean obviously, if we look onto the more logical side and rely on Amber's research which implies that it's a soul accessory. Your Grammie must have given it to you for both purposes. As a reserve soul accessory and you're wearing it now, which means that you did find your soulmate. Reserve soul accessory because if I remember correctly, Xinlei told me that those type of competitions don't really let trainees use phones. No way you would've told your Grammie if it is scenario B." He said thoughtfully, making animate gestures with his hands.