46. After Her

A/N:
Hi! Just here to thank you for 1k votes! Thank you for the support and love everyone!

Please vote if you enjoy reading and don't hesitate to comment! It really helps add motivation💗 see you in the next update!

Keep safe everyone! Love lots💗💗

~yule☔🌧💗

Keran's POV

"Keke, do you think Y/N would be okay?"

I was brought out of my thoughts when Fanfan spoke from beside me. I turned to her and saw her looking at the operation room before slowly turning towards me. She looked at me with wide eyes. Gone was the strong, hard facade she put up earlier, leaving her in her true and slightly lost self.

"Of course, she will. Why'd you ask?" I said, giving her a small smile in reassurance.
"Well, look at Mrs. Hu. She has been quiet ever since Mr. Hu talked to her." She said quietly, her eyes looking concerned as she turned to Mrs. Hu, who is staring quietly into space.
"Don't think too much, Fanfan. I'm sure she's okay."

To be honest, I'm quite worried myself. But I know it won't do us any good if we're both nervous. She didn't say anything and just nodded, drifting into her own thoughts. I watched her silently. Her usually well done hair is a mess on her head. Her eyes and nose puffy are slightly red.

Only a week had passed, but it is like there is something that changed. Not a single trace of how she was the night they left, remained on her. She's gone through so much. From keeping a secret from all of us for over a whole month. Dealing with the stress and threats, this week she finally reached her breaking point. I've still got a lot of questions in my mind and as much ad I want them to be answered, I'm not really sure if this is the right time for that.

"What's the matter?" I snapped out of my daze as I felt a poke on my cheek.
"Hmm?" I hummed, confused, making her smile slightly.

"Ask away. I know you have a lot of questions." She replied. I looked at her for a minute, contemplating.
"How are you?" I asked, making her let out a small laugh and roll her eyes.

"Is that really what you want to ask? Why you're looking at me like you're rethinking all your decisions in life? Come on, Keke." She said, shaking her head.

"No, really. How are you? You've gone through a lot." I muttered, looking at her in all seriousness. She sighed and fiddled with her hands.
"Do you want the truth?" She whispered, her eyes still looking Dow at her hands, making my brows furrow in confusion.

"I don't know how I am. It feels like I'm fine but there's a nagging feeling that I am not. Why is that? Let me ask you Keke. How am I?" She continued, looking at me.
"How can I answer that?" I asked back, baffled by her question. She just smiled and shrugged.
"I don't know." She mumbled. I let out a sigh and stared at her, contemplating on what I should tell her.

"You know what I think? It doesn't matter if you're fine or not." I spoke, turning away from her and staring at the wall across us. From my peripheral vision, I saw her turn to me, confusion filling her face.
"What?" She muttered. I didn't turn to her and just let out a him and nod.

"You know why? Because no matter what, if you're fine and happy and you feel like you own the world, or sad and you want to cry and scream out all your hatred to the world, I would be here. With you. No matter how much and many times you push me away, I'll stay. Because I know those are the times that you need me most. Because I know we need each other more than we acknowledge. And I know, somehow, everything would be fine at the end of the day." I fully turned to her. She is silent, digesting everything I just said.