chapter seventeen

Start from the beginning

Confusion washed over her face, as she recalled his schedule but nodded in negative, "you don't. Just a few reports from different departments regarding their previous month's progress."

"Cancel all of them, we are going home." leaning in towards her, Ibrahim wiped away her tears as he inhaled her scent. Damn, her smell was so intoxicating. His favourite kind.

"R-really?" Mawra was awestruck, left out of words once again. He nodded his head lazily, whilst admiring her sitting on his chair. She looked so cool on it. He might as well snap a picture and he did just that.

The click of his phone brings her out of the daze and she widened her eyes in surprise.

Mawra got up from the chair and tried to grab the phone, but unfortunately, his reflex was quick "Hey! I look awful today. Delete it." Ibrahim gave her a smug smile, "not happening."

His anger remained forgotten for a while.

"A little correction though, you look pretty. Everyday." heat rushed onto her cheeks at that and a real genuine smile formed on her lips first time that day. Ibrahim leaned in and tucked her hair strands behind her ears and placed a kiss on her forehead, shocking the both of them. It came out as a spur of the moment, but he lingered his lips for a while as she stood still and enjoyed the kiss, with her eyes shut close.

That moment felt precious.

The knock at their door snaps them out of the daze, as they pulled back and pretended nothing happened, but the blush on Mawra's face might give it away.

"Come in." Ibrahim called in his grumpy voice as he sat back on his chair, and cleared his throat, "I'll ask the cleaner the clear up the mess." Mawra added as she eyed the few coffee spills on the floor and turned around but froze as she met with the last person she wished to see and the blush vanished in a jiffy.

Adnan gave her a loathsome look as she walked past him and shut the door close behind her and let out a sigh.

***

"Why are we going home?" Mawra asked, as she got into the car and he didn't bother giving any reply, the fact that she walked few blocks away from the office and waited for him there has angered Ibrahim once again. She was testing his patience with this stupid secrecy.

"Back to ignoring me... huh" She mumbled dejectedly and leaned her head against the window and looked out of it, to distract herself.

The tension from yesterday came back once again.

"You frustrate me so much, Mawra," Ibrahim muttered with annoyance as he started the car and concentrated on driving. There was a minute of silence which was broken by her surprised filled voice.

"This is the way to my parents home." Mawra said with surprise as she faced him with a beam on her face, "I saw you staring at the family photo frame last night. Guessed you're missing them." the beam on her face only increased at that. Ibrahim's face softened a bit.

"I do." a drop of tear rolled down her cheeks, as she nodded her head sadly.

"You can spend a night with them, or two if you want," Ibrahim added whilst faking a smile, even though the idea of staying away from her didn't sound appealing but she sounded low, and he did promise her that she can go home whenever she wants.

"Thank you, Ibrahim." Mawra wiped off her tears and looked away, the sadness was replaced with excitement to meet her parents and siblings. Its been fifteen days since she last saw them, the longest she has ever stayed away from them. Sadly for her, this was only the start.