Chapter 3: Diary Entries

When Link and Mipha woke up they had begun to realize that they had been switching bodies involuntarily. While they could easily go visit each other they both had their own respective duties to attend to, for Link that being his training in the shrines and with the sheikah warriors, and with Mipha being her duty as a princess of Zora's Domain and her own respective combat training. They decided to write to each other using their respective diaries, which were completely empty at this point in their lives.

In the first few diary entries they learnt about each other, who they were, and pondered together why they were switching places. The phenomenon was completely random, with Link and Mipha spending days as themselves before switching into the others body. They were able to isolate the incident as it mostly happened when they fell asleep, they would then wake up very groggy, almost like they've made a long journey, when they arrived in the others body.

Link and Mipha were shocked by the things they did when they had switched bodies. They decided to attempt setting up boundaries with each other in order to protect their private lives, and also to prevent the number of doctors appointments that Mipha had to attend, thanks to Link's unruly behavior as a Zora princess.

Still, despite setting boundaries with each other, they found themselves quickly breaking them and meddling in their lives, much to the others dismay. Link would do strange things such as obscure combat techniques, many of which weren't in the classical Zora combat instruction. He made Mipha stand out like a sore thumb in combat, as well as with some questionable eating habits of his.

Mipha would attempt to spend more time with Paya when she was in Link's body, furthering their friendship for the sake of both Link, and for the sake of Paya. Paya had been a nervous wreck since Mipha had first met her, she attempted to change that, or else who knows if she'd ever find someone. Paya was a very attractive Sheikah girl, it would be easy for someone to find her attractive and attempt to court her, however she had trouble with simple speech around young men.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Link,

I got a good look at Paya's diary as I used her desk to write this entry down. It seems like I've done a good job, giving you a potential lover. She said she sometimes misses the kind eyes you give her. Are you not paying attention to her when you're in your own body? Because I give her those kind eyes when I'm you.

Focus on your training but try to be aware of the feelings of the people around you who care for you! If not I'll have to take a trip to Kakariko Village.

~Mipha

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Mipha,

I don't give her much attention because I'm too busy training with Dorian and Cado. Please don't come to the village, it will only confuse everyone, and I need to train.

~Link

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Link,

I've asked Paya if she'd go on a picnic with me when I was you. I hope this will finally give you the reason to be happy and hopefully give you a bit of rest from all that training you do. I've done your training regimen, and I feel your body is finally well enough for your new shrine challenge. Give yourself some time to recuperate and rest, dear.

~Mipha

~~~~~~~~~~~~
Mipha in Link's body: