Chapter Thirty-four: In the Eye of the Storm

Magsimula sa umpisa

"Shoulder length maybe?" She asked questioningly, nervous. "How short was it when I came to the manor?"

His hand stilled. "You don't remember?" He asked hesitantly.

She lowered her eyes and shook her head softly, taking his fingers with her. Sometimes little things still slipped through the cracks, even from times where they knew she hadn't been obliviated. They were easier to acknowledge than those memories that were permanently gone with no witnesses, but Draco knew that it bothered her. For how much they had reconnected, there were still places of her he couldn't reach; things she just didn't talk about.

He didn't say anything, just comfortingly gathered her hair and threaded his wand between her neck and her hair, measuring to where it would sit just above her shoulders. "Capillus Conscidisti," He whispered, sweeping the tip of his wand along the imaginary line he had placed. Her hair began to slice off and fall down in ringlets to the tiled floor.

She gasped, having not expected him to do it without a warning, and her eyes flew up to his reflection. He slid his wand back into his pocket and wrapped his arm around her torso. "There, just like when I met you." He brushed her newly cut hair to one side of her neck, nuzzling his chin on her bare shoulder, and watched the dazed emotions cross her face.

Slowly, she reached up and grasped some of her hair, her face settling on unconcealed awe. She curled the strands behind her ear, trying to place herself in the reflection before her. Draco pressed his lips into the spot where her neck met her shoulder. She closed her eyes, sighing dreamily into his embrace. "Is it good, sweetheart?"

She reopened her eyes at his husky tone, to see his eyes watching her in the mirror. His lips were still on her skin, blazing everywhere they touched, but his eyes, oh how prettythey were, looking up at her from underneath his lashes.

"Mhmm," She managed to breathe, unable to break the scathingly hot eye contact. He smirked, she felt it against her skin, and she melted even further. His devilish lips travelled lightly to the curve of her ear; his hot breath leaving a trail of goose flesh in their wake.

"Good," He whispered right into her ear. This time Ember visibly shivered before twisting around in his arms, standing on her tip toes, and pressing a needy kiss onto his smirking lips. Immediately he pulled her flush against him before grasping her waist and smoothly lifting her to sit on the edge of the counter next to the sink. She moaned that sweet little moan of hers right into his mouth and he quickly placed himself in between her legs, chasing the taste of fresh lemons.

It was easy to turn her on. Everything was new to her and not in the same way that it was new to him. Draco knew more about the logistics of intimacy, whereas Ember had to rely purely on instinct. They were both thwarted, blindsided, by the intense feelings that followed such actions. Their actions that were once, months ago, clumsy and ill-practiced were now like second nature. A caress here, a taste there; predestined chemistry that weaved them together in a way neither of them had anticipated.

Their lips danced familiarly as his long fingers trailed underneath her sweater and over her elegant back. He grinned when he discovered that her skin was not barricaded by a bra. Somewhere along the weeks of their exile, she had become comfortable enough to lay around their room without a bra and he thoroughly appreciated it. Her hands, that were at his side, grabbed a fist full of his shirt and pulled him impossibly closer. He dove in, sliding his tongue along hers, moaning as she tenderly and timidly wrapped her legs around his waist and squeezed.

He was becoming achingly hard fast and couldn't resist grinding his member slowly against her inner thigh; anything to get an inch of relief. He broke from her lips, giving her a chance to breathe, and travelled his lips back down her neck leaving small heated kisses. He confidently pushed the collar of her sweater down and gently traced her collarbone before sucking the slim piece of skin between his lips. Ember gasped, clutching his shoulders. His other hand crossed from her back to around her stomach before bravely cupping her bare breast. She tensed slightly before relaxing as he gave her a tender squeeze and moved his lips back to hers.