Finished Work

A small boy of only 7 years celebrated his birthday by going on a picnic with his beloved parents. Going into the mystical forest, the couple started setting up the blanket as well as the food while the boy ran around chasing butterflies. The small boy stumbled upon a beautiful flower. The flower looked like liquid gold with green-tinted petals. The boy's eyes grew in curiosity slowly inching towards the mystical flower, his eyes only on the flower. His small slender fingers brushed against one of the petals. He quickly pulled his hand back, wincing at the growing pain on his pointer finger. He looked at the cut on his finger, toning back into reality; "Ow." He mumbled softly, examining his finger. The flower started to glow, then faded into rose petals. The petals stayed in the air for a second, then flew around the small boy. The petals healed the cut on his finger. The boy was astonished by the flying petals landing in his tiny hands. 
        The petals suddenly fell as a loud shot was heard. His face was covered with worry about his parents as he ran to where they were supposed to be. His heart raced at the sight in front of him. A tall light-skinned male stood over the boy's father's corpse. His mother had her back against the tree, not noticing her eldest son hiding behind a similar tree. The man then walked over to the mother, a wicked grin on his face. As he inched closer, he lit one of his fingers on fire. He formed a finger gun with his pointer finger and thumb, holding it up to the mother's head. The mother let out silent whimpers, closing her eyes. 
        "Bang," the man said, shooting the mother in the head with his fire. He left quickly, leaving the bodies there to rot. The small male ran out from behind the tree, hot tears streaming down his cheeks. "M-mom.." he hiccuped out, holding his mother in his small arms. His mother smiled weakly, caressing his cheek. "Dakota, don't be afraid. Go on, leave me here." His mother spoke, her voice hoarse and quiet. The small boy nodded, wiping away his tears. He kissed his mother's cheek and left. He ran all the way to his grandparent's house, telling them what had happened, and he vowed revenge on his parents’ killer one day. As he grew older his powers started maturing as well. He dyed his hair light blue and cut it. Now a 17-year-old boy, he prepared to fight the man who killed his parents. 
A mask covered the teen's pale face, eyes narrowed at the older male in front of him. The older male grinned menacingly, holding his hand to a smaller girl's head. "Well, seems like I got your attention now, eh?" The older male spoke, in a mocking tone. A low growl erupted from the back of the teen's throat. "You always had my attention, you're just jealous sometimes." The teen retorted, smirking under his white mask. The older male let out a loud cackle. "You're funny, Evergreen. That makes me almost not want to kill this girl." The male stated, tightening his grip on the girl's hair. Evergreen inched closer to the pair on reflex. The girl looked at him, tears streaming down her face. The older male ran a slender hand through his blonde locks, trying to keep himself under control. Evergreen smirked slightly under his mask, making one of his roots slide under the dirt as quietly as he could. "Losing your cool, Pyro? That would be an amazing sight." Evergreen asked cockily. Pyro let out a frustrated sigh. "As if. I'm thinking of all the ways I could kill this girl. Burn her alive, making it a slow and painful death? Or make it a quick one? Oh, decisions decisions. Or maybe I should let someone else kill her?" Pyro stated, thinking of more wicked things. He finally perked up, having come up with an idea. "I'll call upon my favorite co-worker. Icey, come here child!" Pyro called out. A young-looking female came out of the shadows. She had long bright fire-like hair and bright blue eyes. She had a similar mask that Evergreen had. Evergreen squinted his lime green eyes. "This is Icey, she works with me. She usually does all my dirty work for me, but today was her day off." Pyro explained, a wicked smirk dancing across his lips. The crimson-haired female waved at the light blue-haired male. "Do I know you?" Evergreen asked, his stomach-churning. The female slowly took off her mask, revealing the rest of her face. Evergreen's eyes widened, his heart racing at the female. "Hi, big brother." Icey greeted, a small smirk on her lips. "Why?" He asked, a low growl escaping from his throat. She smirked, giving a small laugh. "You've always had the spotlight. You stay out late, not telling gramps or grammy where you went. They constantly baby you because you're the oldest, the one who went through the most. I don't get the affection you do. I got scolded when I snuck out once. Once. How many times have you snuck out and them not say a word about it?" Tears threatened to spill down his sun-kissed cheeks. But he didn't do it. He turned his pity to anger. 'This is just another enemy. No feelings involved.' He thought to himself. His vine reached where it was supposed to be. He covered his eyes with his left hand, raising his right one. At this point, Pyro thought he had him. He let his guard down slightly, it was just enough for the teen to attack. Evergreen smirked, uncovering his face. His vine quickly came out from the ground, wrapping itself around the girl, pulling her under. He looked at Icey, wrapping her in a vine cage. "You aren't my sister are you?" He asked, smirking slightly. He wrapped another vine around Pyro, making calcium metal wrap around his hands so he couldn't use them to burn. Icey looked back at him, smirking. "You found me out. I'm not your sister." She said, her form changing. She stayed the same but her hair was white as snow and her eyes were black as night. The teen sighed, then slit her throat with diamond. He turned back to Pyro, walking towards him. "You did pretty well, tricking me like that. You do know my sister died years ago, right? I just have a brother now. Try to do better research next time, if you make it." He said as he slit his throat slightly then piercing him through the heart. The teen left, smiling brightly. He walked over to the nearby cemetery, over to his parent's graves. He knelt down before them, putting his mask over the stone. "I did it. I avenged you mom and dad. I finally did it. I know it took a while, but I finally did it. I hope you're proud of me. I'm taking care of Jake. Promise. I have to go so Gramps doesn't have a heart attack." He spoke softly, then got up. He walked back to his house out in the forest. When he got home, he walked through the front door, taking his hoodie off before he went in. Opening the door as quietly as he possibly could, He stealthily walked through the house undetected. He went through every bedroom to make sure everyone was okay. He finally went into his room after several checks. He stripped his clothes off and threw on a hoodie and shorts. He threw himself onto his bed, smiling brightly. He laid there, covered up in his blankets staring blankly at the ceiling.