Getting Closer

Mulai dari awal

   "Ah," He mumbles, "what are you guys doing here?"

   I frown. "You invited us over, remember?" I respond. He blinks twice, shaking his head slightly.

   "Right. It seems I've forgotten then. Please allow me a moment to freshen up then and then I'll bring you guys some refreshments. Let me show you all to the basement." He replies, stepping aside so that we can enter.

   Once the door is shut behind us, he promptly begins leading us down one of the halls. He stops in front of a white door and points at it. "Please settle down there and I'll be joining you in five minutes." He tells us.

   Sonia shrugs and begins descending the stairs, tugging Chiaki along with her. I glance back at Nagito who's moving back down the hall.

   "Hey, wait!" I call out to him before I can stop myself. He freezes immediately, allowing me a moment to catch up to him.

   "I can get you a drink in just a few moments but if you're really thirsty the kitchen is-" He starts to say before I cut him off. 

   "Are you alright?" I ask bluntly. He frowns.

   "Yeah, I'm fine. Why?" 

   "You look all disheveled and like you've been crying," I point out, "you can always talk to me you know. I am your. . .boyfriend, after all."

   He smiles faintly. "Nothing you need to worry about, but I appreciate the sentiment, Hajime," He assures me, "now when you get down there, make sure you sit on one of the couches. I demand Hajime snuggles." 

   And with those words he begins moving down the hall once again, leaving me feeling suspicious.

-

    Nagito arrives with his promised refreshments to the basement a few minutes later, leaving them in the middle of the four of us for anyone to grab at their leisure. He then settles down next to me on the couch I had placed myself on.

  Sonia and Chiaki seem to be lost in a conversation of their own, leaving Nagito and I just sitting there awkwardly. With a light sigh, he wraps his arm around me and pulls me closer, me nestling into his warmth. In turn he bends down and kisses my forehead.

   "You sure you're alright?" I mutter. He rolls his eyes.

   "It's no worry, Hajime. Can we just skip to making out on my bed?" He responds casually. I flinch.

  "Huh?!"

   "I'm kidding. But if you're interested I'm all for it," He chuckles, "Now how about a game of Uno?"

-

   After Nagito bested us at Uno (of-fucking-course) I ended up drifting off on the couch. When I woke up about two hours later someone had put a blanket on me and Chiaki and Sonia were gone. Curled up across from me with a thick book is Nagito. At the sounds of me stirring he looks up and over at me. 

   "Oh. Hey Hajime." He greets me with a nod. 

   "Ah, sorry for falling asleep," I mumble, "Where's Sonia and Chiaki?" 

   He waves me off. "It's no worry. Something came up and Sonia had to go. I didn't want to wake you so I offered to bring you home if you want. Of course I can feed you first." He replies.

   I frown. ". . .Aren't your parents mad for overstaying my welcome? I'd hate to be any more trouble. . ."

   "You don't need to worry about that," He chuckles, "I live alone. My parents have been dead for years!" He stands, heading over to the staircase, "come on, let's go."