Chapter 1: New World and New School

One day in the fall, a girl named Emily was walking to her new school. She moved to a little town named Dawsonville in Georgia. It was something new for her, since her dad be stuck with her, but she didn't have a choice. Only because she was still in school and she wasn't even 18-years-old yet. She was the new student at her new school, since she just moved there. It was 6:58 am and she had to be at school at 7:25 am, it wasn't a long walk though. It seemed like it was. When she was walking down the sidewalk to get to school, she then ran into some people. There was a girl with two guys near her. One of them looked at her, he was taller than her and a little shorter than the other one. He looked right at her, she looked down at the ground. Even though, she kept thinking;

          I hope this will be a good school year for me...if it isn't, then I will have to be homeschooled again...and I don't want that..

Even walking to school, she finally saw those people she saw walk closer to her. They must be going somewhere else. They all looked her age, she then heard one of them talk. "Guys, this year is going to be the best year ever! I can see it now, I will be on the front page of the school paper and it will say 'Jordan, The Best Football Player in the World!'" One of them said, it was weird to just hear what they were talking about.

Then the girl that was with them said something, "Jordan, can you stop saying that. It's not going to happen this year. Not when Shane is around." The tall guy looked at her, guessing his name was Jordan. Jordan then just laughed about what she said, it was weird. Sadly, they all didn't see where they were going and they all ran into her. It was probably not a good idea to go the opposite way as them. The first one that noticed Emily fell was the other tall one. He was the one she locked eye contact with.

"Hey, are you okay?" He asked, he then just looked at her. "Sorry about running into you, we were kind of talking and didn't see you walking towards us. I hope nothing is broken or hurt." He said with a smile, it was a smile that made her want to smile, but she didn't. He looked like he was her age, but he also looked like he didn't belong in high school at all; maybe it's his height. She then looked up at him, but once she realized who it was; she looked away from him. Some reason she had this feeling inside of her stomach, like there were butterflies flying around. Even so, she didn't want to say anything that would make her embarrass herself in front of him. She then saw the other two come over to her. The one that asked if she was okay helped her up, she then looked at all of them.

"Who are you guys?" She asked, they all looked at her. "Sorry, I just moved here and I don't know anyone that lives here." She said to them, they all understood after she said that.

"Oh, we should probably introduce ourselves. These are my two best friends, this tall guy is Mr. Excitement and this is Melody." The one that helped her up said.

"My name isn't Mr. Excitement! It's Jordan!" The tall one yelled, the girl with them started to laugh. She then looked at all of them, they all seemed nice. They are all still strangers to her, even though they did make sure she was okay. She then looked at the one in front of her.

"What's your name?" She asked him, he looked at her.

"Oh, I forgot about me." He said with a little laugh, "My name is Colin." He said, she then smiled at him. She forgot she was wearing a shirt that they would be able to see one of the many tattoos she has. The one that was showing, Jordan saw it.

"Aren't you young for a tattoo?" Jordan asked her, she looked up at him and forgot about the tattoo showing.

"Well..this one is a special tattoo..." She said looking at the ground. After that, Jordan broke the silence and he was yelling.

"How does this sound, 'Jordan, The Greatest Football Player in the World!'" He yelled, Melody then looked at him.

"Jordan, will you stop it!" She sounded like she was getting annoyed by all of this, "It's not going to happen, Shane is around and he is the best football player." She said.

"You're only saying that because you liiiiiiiike him!" Jordan said, even after he said that; he didn't even seem happy about what he said.

"Jordan don't even start." Melody said, she was annoyed now.

"Melody likes Shane! Melody likes Shane!" He kept saying, Melody then looked at him. She was getting really mad at him, he knew this was making her mad.

"Jordan!" She yelled his name, he started to run away from her. She ran after him, she wanted him to stop before they got to the school. Even though, they were fighting and they haven't even stepped into the school yet. Emily then felt eyes looking at her, she looked over and she saw Colin looking at her. Emily guess he wanted to know more about the tattoo.

"Are you okay?" He asked her, she then looked at him.

"Yeah...it's just..my dad isn't here to see me finish high school and go off to college..."

He looked over, "Is he at work?" He asked.

"No..." She said looking at the ground.

"Does he live in a different town or state?"

"No......"

"Then, where is he?" He asked, she then looked down at the ground. He knew she was trying to keep something to herself, but she couldn't anymore. He saw a necklace she was wearing, he saw she played with it sometimes.

She took a deep breath, "My dad died when I was 6 years old...he hasn't been here and I have been living with my mother and stepfather...even though sometimes, I wish he was here.." She said holding the necklace, then Colin saw a tear roll down her face.

"I'm so sorry I thought he was just in a different state.." He said, he looked over at her again.

"It's okay...I was kind of keeping it to myself." She said, Colin looked at her and then reached for her hand. He held it, he wanted to make her smile. He smiled at her and waited for her to smile back to look away from her, she looked up at him. His smile was the best thing ever, she then smiled at him. The one thing that didn't happen..was that he was still holding her hand.  What if they walk into the school and he has  a girlfriend...what will she say? What will everyone else say about them? She was asking herself all of these questions....