Chapter 1 Gotham

Third pov

It's not a super fancy hotel that she checks into, but it's not one of the ones where she's likely to be robbed either.

The room actually has a nice view of Gotham, she notices.

The bathroom is nice and has a bathtub that she fills with hot water.

While she waits she decides to look over herself. The last battle hadn't been that long ago, but a few of the smaller wounds she'd received had started to become scabs instead.

There's one small cut on her collarbone that looks completely healed, but the bruises on her left leg and the long, jagged scar twisting from her right hip, along her back and to her left shoulder, they don't look like they'll be gone anytime soon.

With a sigh, she sinks into the almost scalding water and just let's herself rest.

Time skip

She sleeps for most of the day.

When she does get up, it's because she needs fabric to get some commisions done.

They are, after all, her income.

Besides, she did get several new costumers before everything went down and she can't afford to loose those customers right now. It's not like her inheritance will last forever.

There is a small corner store in the finer parts of Gotham that sells the fabric she needs.

She buys more than just fabric really. Buttons, treads, some pretty stones and she considers buying a new sewing machine but the one she has works fine, instead she goes for some glittering fabric.

The clerk is more than happy to ring her up and let her on her way with hope that she'll come back.

It's dark when she is once again on her way to the hotel. Which means she should have thought about the risk.

She didn't.

"Give me the bag and your wallet."

The guy in front of her is pointing a gun at her and she is not impressed.

The man, while being very muscular, had extremely poor posture. He wasn't even holding the gun the right way.

"Didn't you hear you dumb b-"

She placed a quick kick against his arm making him drop the gun.

Then she grabbed his wrist, pulled him towards her and kneed him right in solar plexus.

The man groaned on the ground while she made sure she had her things and started walking again. She calked back over her shoulder. "I better not see you again!"

Something on the roof drew her attention (thank you years of watching shadows) and she looked up to see Batman looking back at her.

No, no, no, nopity nope.

She does not have time or energy to do this tonight.

Instead of staying, she shakes her head and keeps walking towards the hotel. Since she gets there without problems, she assumes that Gotham's first vigilante must've determined her not to be a threat for now.

Vote and comment, it keeps me motivated :)