Chapter Twenty Three - How It Used To Be

Start from the beginning

"Just let me in!" Emmie pleaded. I could see tears begin to prick at her  eyes, but she quickly wiped them away. I placed a hand on her shoulder.

"It's okay Emmie. Guess we'll just have to head back." I said, taking her hand and beginning to turn towards the stairs.

"No!" Emmie said, pulling her hand out of mine. I turned back to the painting. "You're going to let us in!" Emmie took a moment to think. "Please."

The Fat Lady paused her laughing, but quickly resumed, laughing even harder now. "Why should I? You're not Gryffindor students."

"Hey lady, I'm not the one trying to get in." I quipped.

"But I was invited by one!" Emmie said, ignoring my comment. Her frustration with the Fat Lady was becoming more obvious by the second. And it seemed to be wearing her down too.

"Oh really? Who?" The Fat Lady snickered.

"Freddie!" Emmie yelled. Both I and the Fat Lady stared at Emmie, shocked. Her sudden anger from the outburst quickly faded and she cleared her throat. "Fred." She looked down to the floor sheepishly. "I meant Fred."

The Fat Lady's expression of shock morphed into a smirk. "Ohhh, so that means you must be-" But she was swiftly cut off as the painting flug outwards.

Speak of the devil, there stood Fred Weasley himself. His face looked a little flushed, most likely from dancing and screaming. He was wearing one of his Quidditch jumpers, to celebrate the victory. I could hear loud music blasting out of magically conjured speakers coming from inside. He was faced away from us and yelled back into the common room, "I'm telling you! I heard my name!"

He whipped around to face both Emmie and I, confusion on his face. It quickly disappeared and Fred's face lit up as his eyes landed on Emmie.
Despite having no knowledge that Emmie had been the one to yell his name, he smirked and said, "You called Causon?"

I watched as Emmie melted. She sighed and smiled tiredly. "Hi Fred."

"You look worn out luv." Fred said while leaning against the doorway.

"Well of course. I've just had a screaming match with this stupid painting." Emmie looked down at the floor, her face still red. Although I assume the reason was no longer because she was upset. "I'm sorry for screaming. I just wanted to get into the party."

"Aww Em." Emmie looked up at him as he stretched out his arms, inviting her in for a hug. "Come here." Emmie slowly walked into his embrace and sighed as he wrapped his arms around her. "Yell all you want to."

I looked away, knowing that I shouldn't have been intruding on this very private moment between the two of them.

I silently wished that it were George and I.

After about a minute, I cleared my throat and looked back at the two of them. Fred looked up and smiled at me. He and Emmie broke out of their embrace and Emmie turned towards me. Fred kept an arm wrapped around her shoulder as he spoke. "Hey Y/N, are you joining us this evening?"

I scoffed and smiled. "Do I look like I'm party ready?" I joked.

Fred laughed. "Hey, who am I to judge your fashion choices!" Fred joked back. "But you're more than welcome to come in."

I shook my head. "Nah, I'm good. Was just dropping Emmie off." I turned to leave when a certain ginger stuck walked up to Fred.

"Fred, who was at the door?"

I knew that voice. I turned back to the door to see George standing there. He noticed my presence and the atmosphere immediately became awkward. "Oh." He said. I couldn't detect anger in his voice, it was more...shocked? Surprised?