“What do you expect me to do, Damon? I can’t outrun you, I can’t fend you off! I’m human! The most I can do is run and scream for help, but that won’t help me! I might as well throw myself to the sharks since I can’t do anything.

“Besides, you’re not a monster. I trust you.”

“That’s a bad idea.”

“I’m sure you have will power,” I went on, ignoring his comment. “Use it. If you care about me, you’ll find the will to stop.” I shrugged. “Give it a go. I’ll take the pain. After all, how much more can it hurt than what I’ve been through emotionally?”

            “You can’t compare emotional and physical pain, Faith, they’re not the same.” The wind got knocked out of me as I was tightly compressed between the door and Damon’s body. “I’ll try and make it as painless as possible for you.”

            The anticipation of the bite made me fidgety. Damon’s eyes turned pitiful, an emotion that was probably rare to see on his face or in his eyes. I sucked in a breath, prepping to take the pinch of his fangs into my skin. If I was lucky, he wouldn’t burst open a vein and let me bleed to death. Elena would surely kill him if he did.

            It was almost like a nip, a very small pinch. I felt Damon’s fangs sink into my neck. I squeezed my eyes shut, grabbing his shirt to hold myself steady. An arm was around my waist while the other held the side of my neck that wasn’t being devoured. I was stunned. Having someone draining me of blood was a very…odd experience and sensation.

            But—I couldn’t believe I was even thinking this—the sensation was amazing. I was pretty sure my hormones were kicking in at this point; because there was no way that a vampire biting me should be a good feeling. I leaned into Damon, basking in the oddly blissful experience.

            “Is that better?” I gasped once I felt Damon detach from me. I jumped when seeing my blood dribbling down his chin but I relaxed, looking into his normal eyes once again.

            “You have no idea.” He chuckled.

            He tried to kiss me again, but I put my hands on his chest. I shook my head. “I’m not kissing you when you just drank from me,” I said. Those words sounded wrong coming from my mouth. I had to remember I was in a different world now, one where vampires, werewolves, witches, and vampire hunters existed.

            Damon would have never gotten the chance to kiss me anyway, because we could hear the door open downstairs. My hand flew right to my neck, my eyes bulged. Elena and Jeremy would flip if they saw bite marks on me! I tried to conceal my small wound with my hair. Damon sighed.

            “Hair won’t be enough,” he said simply. He ripped off a section of a shirt I had packed and wrapped around my neck, like a scarf.

            “Hmm, creative,” I commended him, grinning.

            “Just hope Elena doesn’t notice it’s a piece of a shirt.”

            “You just hope. I didn’t bite myself. You fed off me.”

            “Let’s not forget you let me.”

            “Touché. Wipe off your chin.”

            I walked down the stairs normally, trying to calm myself. If Elena was home, she’d hear my heart, and then she’d start asking questions. I wasn’t in the mood to start answering any.