this is some bs, i can't do nothing without that mf darrall knowing. like he be stalking me or sum, he knows me too well.

i sat on the kitchen counter, eating some leftover lasagna.

someone closed the front door, darrall stood in front of me shaking his head.

"you scary as hell." he said shaking his head again.

"hey to you too." i got off the counter, giving him a hug.

"we should make a handshake!" my face lit up and i started jumping up and down.

he's stank faced me taking a seat at the kitchen table, "we'll make one after you complete yo' task today."

i groaned sitting next to him, "i don't know why you making me do this shit, crystal is pregnant and i don't want to put myself in they relationship."

he gave me a blank expression, "so you'd rather break a fine young black mans heart?" he questioned pointing at myself.

"i did not mean-"

he interrupted me by putting a hand in front of my face.

"i'm not done. you'd rather break my heart, make polo create a family with crystal with the thought in the back of his mind of the 'what if's.' the 'what if diddy didn't make nya and i stop talking,' the 'what if she told me how she felt earlier.' you is so fucking scary." he added extra flavour to his 'scary'.

i sighed, "he don't even like me no more."

he slapped the back of my head, "if he didn't like yo' dumbass he wouldn't have been trying to get back cool with you when you beat his ass in public, bozo. he wouldn't even want to chill with you by his lonesome, he would've told yo dumbass that you can talk to him right in front of crystal."

i rubbed my head, "why you so mean to me now."

"because you dumb. now what time he said for you to meet at his place?"

"ten." i mumbled.

"girl you don't get to be sad about shit, sit up like you got some sense in you, put a smile on that damn face like you got some confidence, shit. i needa go smoke." he stood up, walking towards the door.

"why do i got nothing to be sad about?" i asked him.

he sighed, whispering to himself before he sat back down. "do you want people to put they hands on you?"

i shook my head confused.

"so why do you act like that?" he asked.

"like what?"

"that. the nylasia i knew from two weeks ago don't be like this. she always the one putting people in check, always getting what she wants no matter what 'cause she always fights for it, and knows that when she trusts someone that they'll always have ha' back. this nylasia is just stuck and unsure, what's really wrong?"

i shrugged my shoulders looking down.

darrall sat next to me lifting my chin up, "do what you got to do, whatever yo' choice is imma always love you aight? keep doing you, but keep yo' head held up high. always show ya' beautiful face, ma." he kissed my temple gently, leaving to the front door.

"i'm just finna go smoke, run to the store and get some snacks. and if you decide you wanna see polo, i'll drop you off, aight?"

i nodded my head, "wait darrall."

he turned around, looking at me.

"i love you."

he gave me a small smile, closing the door behind him.

what did i do to deserve him?

_____________

comment, vote, share🤍