by the face she made, i could tell she was sad. "you okay?" i asked her.

she shook her head, "what if you right? he gone be the first one out of the friend group to get a kid. it was supposed to be you hoe! like i'm supposed to be that kid fine ass auntie. and he the one with a kid? ain't this some shit."

i mugged her, "stop wishing pregnancy on me bitch, cause you gone be the mother of the child not me. you got me thinking you was sad 'cause polo having kids with other shordy's."

she crossed her arms looking at me, "girl ion give a fuck about none of that, i'm surprised it ain't happen earlier."

i nodded my head, she lying but imma just let her be.

"so, you cool with it?" i tilted my head to the side.

"yeah, i'm cool." she turned her attention back to the tv just to turn right back at me.

"i just don't understand..." i sighed of relief.

"okay good, you talking about it. because when you don't talk about shit that bothers you, your whole body language and shit changes until you speak on it. now continue."

she shifted in her seat, and i gave her my full attention.

"i just don't understand why all of a sudden whatever that nigga taurus do is my business, like before ian' even talk about that man and shit. now if the nigga even falls down some stairs somebody gone tell me."

i nodded my head, that is true, ever since they got back cool it's been like that.

"if we being completely honest, taurus and i was always friends. like we was always just close to each other and that was it."

i had to L-O-L at that one.

she mugged me, "what's funny?"

i waved my hand at her, motioning for her to continue. "it ain't nothing, continue."

"no for real, what's funny?" she asked again.

i sighed, rubbing my hands on my thighs. "you really gone sit there and lie ny? like you talking about how all y'all ever was was just friends? if y'all was just 'friends' you really wouldn't have done none of the things you be doing for him. you know what your end result is gone be, you know that your ass gone end up dating the nigga no matter what. like if yo' father never went to go talk to polo the night of the graduation, your ass would be the pregnant one right now. you would be the one laying all up on him right now. shit y'all woulda' already been married, don't sit there and act like polo just some other nigga you fell out with. cause if that's the case leave his ass the fuck alone. shit!"

whew, it felt good to let that one out.

she stared at me with a stunned look on her face. she couldn't even say nothing, she was quite as hell just chilling.

"mhm, that's what i thought. and ian even done-"

"-you not done? after that whole fucking speech?" she interrupted me and i nodded.

"hell nah ian done, i've been waiting fa' this moment. somebody need to let yo' ass straight, walking around putting a smile on yo' face as if you ain't going through shit."

we sat in there in silence for what seemed to be forever. "how you know taurus went to talk to my daddy that night?"

i shrugged crossing my legs, "girl you know i be nosy. shit i was tryna tell you to come with me but you and darrall was too busy being ghetto as hell on the dance floor."

she laughed remembering, "oh yeah!"

"and i know you love darrall, like that's no doubt. y'all relationship is definitely better now than it was in high school, but even he knows that it ain't gone last. and he gone set your ass straight one of these days, cause you be tweakin' all the time."

i took a deep breath, falling backwards into my bed. it's about time this girl recognizes herself.

_______________

pretend that ian neva take a break🚶🏾‍♂️

comment, vote, share🤍