Her next class was Transfiguration, which luckily enough she shared with Lily. Unluckily enough, the rest of the boys were already there. Only the second day, and they were already getting on her nerves. Asteria had a very short fuse, with not a very high tolerance for people she disliked. Perhaps it was a result of her upbringing or maybe just her very personality, but she refused to associate with people who annoyed her. In this case, it was Sirius and Glasses Boy (whose name she had still not learned, nor did she plan on it). The other two boys she was neutral on, for now, but by association she didn't want to befriend them either.

Behind the two girls, the two devils' spawns were already fooling around, creating mindless noise and distracting her from paying attention to McGonagall's lecture.

"Will you quit being so loud?" Eventually, the blonde girl snapped, turning around with her eyes narrowed to slits. Sirius simply stuck his tongue out at her, which only enraged Asteria even more. The audacity of this boy! Had his parents not taught him any manners? You'd think, because he was a Black, he'd have some sort of courteousness to him.

"You can't tell us what to do," Glasses Boy quipped, so Asteria simply threw a balled up piece of parchment at them and turned back around.

"Just ignore them," Lily whispered, her attention primarily focused on McGonagall. Easier said than done. Already, Asteria was easily distracted, but the ruckus that the two boys were making made it almost impossible for her to pay attention to anything else.

"Mr Black, Mr Potter! Be quiet, or I'm dismissing you," finally, McGonagall paused from her lecture and glared straight at the two boys. Immediately, they shut up, and Asteria was happy once more.

The remainder of the week passed in a blink, each class assigning an incredible amount of homework. Despite it only being the first week of classes, none of Asteria's professors cut their students any slack. It was a good thing, however, because it meant Asteria had no time to think of her parents or their reaction when they finally found out she was sorted into Gryffindor. One would think that a House would have no effect on the way a child was treated by her parents, but Asteria was terrified. Already, she was on thin ice with them, and she feared this would only alienate her farther. It was because of this that she distanced herself from her siblings as well, but mostly because they were far too busy for her anyway. The first week was meant to settle in, but finally, it was Friday afternoon, and Asteria was free to breathe for once.

The moment Lily and Asteria walked into their common room after their last class, the two collapsed on the first couch they saw. Their bags thrown carelessly onto the floor beside them, they simply sat in silence for a moment, before they looked at each other and burst into giggles.

"Merlin, I wish my brother had told me how much homework we'd have. And it's only the first week? How am I supposed to have any time for anything else? At this point, I'll be stuck inside writing essays all day everyday," Asteria grumbled, picking up her bag and looking through her textbooks.

"You could just not do it," a voice interrupted Lily before she could reply, causing Asteria's mood to sour as soon as she made eye contact with grey eyes.

"And who was talking to you?" the blonde girl asked, crossing her arms as she stared at the boy.

"I'm just saying," Sirius replied, taking a seat on the armchair across from the two girls and withdrawing a book from his bag.

"Forgive me if I actually want to get the most of my education here," Asteria rolled her eyes, her voice faltering when she saw the book he was reading.