𝗸𝗶𝗼 𝗰𝘆𝗿, 𝘀𝗽𝗶𝗻 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗯𝗼𝘁𝘁𝗹𝗲

"kio, your turn," vinnie said, looking over at his friend. we had been playing spin the bottle for a while now, it was originally josh's idea but now almost everyone at the party had joined in. i look up at kio as he puts his hand on the bottle, hesitating before spinning it. please don't let it land on me, i think to myself as the bottle spins for what feels like forever. 

my eyes go wide as the bottle slows to a stop in front of me. "oooooooh, kio and y/n!" bryce says, snickering. kio looks up at me nervously. he has no idea i have feelings for him. i pull myself together quickly, not wanting to look stupid. i take a deep breath before moving closer to the boy, looking into his eyes. "this is awkward," he whispers his eyes scanning the room as everyone stares at us. i nod my head as we make eye contact once again. 

i take a deep breath before finally leaning in and connecting our lips. he hesitates before kissing back, wrapping his arms around my waist. i've been waiting for this moment forever and now that it's finally happening, it feels so right.

i pull away, smiling at kio before walking back to the couch i'd been sitting on before. "y/n oh my god!" mads says as i sit down next to her, "tell me everything." i laugh before saying, "what do you mean? you just saw it happen." she rolls her eyes before grabbing my hand and dragging me out of the room. "y/n, i mean was he a good kisser? how did it feel? did it make your feelings for him stronger?" i sigh before answering her questions. "yes, he is a good kisser," i say blushing "and i think it did make my feelings stronger, which sucks because i know he doesn't like me back," i say sadly. mads scoffs at this, "are you kidding? he definitely feels the same, you should have seen his face after you kissed him!"

our game of spin the bottle had finally ended and i was about to grab my stuff and leave before i felt someone grab my arm. i turn around to see kio, "hey, um can i talk to you?" he asks. i nod my head and he leads me to his room, motioning for me to sit on the bed. he sits down next to me, sighing. "i wanted to tell you something," he says avoiding eye contact with me. "what is it?" i ask him, having no idea what he might say. "um- y/n, i have feelings for you," he says, my eyes widening as he continues. "i wasn't planning on telling you yet, but after we kissed i realized i couldn't hide it anymore."

we sit in silence for a few seconds before i finally find the courage to speak. "i- i like you too," i say smiling at him. he looks up at me, a smile spreading across his face. "really?" i nod my head as we make eye contact once again. his eyes move to my lips and he slowly leans in, putting his lips on mine.

author's note

thought i'd start w kio because he's my favorite <3