"When you're a Thorne, you're bound to have scars." Armand just replied.

The answer was vague, but it was enough to make Carlisle think that what happened to her was more than just a random ambush attack from their enemies.

Carlisle nodded before he turned around to exit the room, only to be stopped by Armand speaking again.

"Carlisle." Armand called out, making the blonde doctor turn around and face him again.

"My family will be visiting tonight. I heard that your adoptive children might have some questions about Miracle and Malcolm Thorne. I won't be there because I need to stay with Miracle. But I trust Sebastian to tell you everything you need to know." Armand said.

Carlisle furrowed his eyebrows at the man. "Malcolm Thorne? Why would they have questions about Malcolm Thorne?"

"You'll find out tonight." Armand just replied.

The two heads of their own covens stared at each other before the blonde one nodded and eventually exited the room, leaving Armand to look at his youngest adoptive daughter.

It was taking every bit of him to not lash out at the moment. Considering that he has anger issues, all he wanted to do was rip the head off of the reckless kid that almost hit Miracle with his car.

But, he's keeping himself calm for Miracle's sake, just like everything he has been doing is for Miracle's sake. Including blocking all her most painful memories.

═══════ ∘◦❁◦∘ ═══════

Nightfall came and the Thornes have arrived at the Cullens' house. Veronica was as kind as ever, Parker was still antsy, causing Olivia to always hold his hand and whisper calming things to his ear, and Sebastian was in between calm and mad.

"You have a very lovely home." Veronica said with a genuine smile as she held hands with Esme.

"Thank you." Esme replied with a smile as genuine as Veronica's.

Carlisle appeared next to Esme and offered a handshake towards Sebastian which he accepted.

"Shall we begin?" Sebastian asked.

Carlisle nodded before he and Esme led the Thornes towards the living room where everybody else is.

Edward and Jasper were the first ones to know about the mystery behind Miracle and Malcolm Thorne. Considering they were about to be informed by the Thornes themselves about what happened, they thought it'd be fitting to have the basic knowledge that the two have of the situation. And that was Malcolm suddenly dying last year and Miracle not remembering a thing about him.

"Did Miracle know Malcolm?" Rosalie asked.

Veronica was sat on the chair next to Parker and Olivia while Sebastian stood in front of all of them. Parker had his elbows on his knees as he buried his face in his palms, all while tapping his foot on the floor. Veronica and Olivia are trying their best to calm the man down.

"Yes, the moment we took Miracle in, he was already there. He was just as captivated as we are." Sebastian answered, remembering the smiles on the whole family's faces when they declared Miracle as part of their family.