Squad twelves first mission

Y/n's pov:

A soft sigh of relief slips past my lips as I tiredly fall back onto my soft, comfortable bed, exhausted from my first mission.

"What a day huh Silv?"

"Yeah..." Silver yawns as he joins me on the bed, nestling in beside me as the days events play through my mind

Earlier that day

"Alright you three, the mission is simple. Pick up the package from Hezeru village and deliver it to the client in Anba village by the end of the day." Ayuto Sensei says as he finishes going over the mission details

"Right." We nod as we set off, quickly making our way to a small hut in a small village just outside the leaf to pick up the package, the trip being uneventful

"This is who the leaf entrusted to deliver the package? They're just children, just who do the leaf take me for!?" The handler; a short, stocky old man; growls as he scrutinizes us with a wary eye, earning glares from Azuki and Ikuto

"You shouldn't judge people's abilities based on appearances alone sir, these 'children' as you put it are highly trained ninja. Trust me, they are more than capable to deliver the package."

"Fine, if you are so sure. Here." He says as he begrudingly hands over a scroll tied together with dark blue ribbon, a red wax seal pressed over where the ribbon is tied to Ayuto sensei "This scroll contains important information, see to it that it gets to the intended person."

"Will do sir." Ayuto sensei nods politely as he tucks the scroll into his vest "Lets go you three."

"Right." We nod as we follow Ayuto sensei out of the hut quietly and begin to make our way out of the village

"Who does that geezer think he is!?" Ikuto shouts once we're far enough away from the hut "He's got some nerve disrespecting us like that!"

"Calm down Ikuto, there's no point getting yourself worked up over what he said."

"Yeah Ayuto Sensei's right." I chime in nodding

"What!?"

"Yeah, those who have no idea what we go through to become shinobi often tend to underestimate us. it's just how they are." Azuki chimes in

"Exactly, so try not to take what he said too personally Ikuto."

"Yes Sensei." Ikuto grumbles softly, the four of us falling into silence

The leaves crunch under our feet as we trek through the forest, the sound of the wind being the only sound around us as we walk in silence.

"Hey Silv, notice anything weird?" I whisper to Silver as something begins to bother me

"Hmmm? What do you mean?"

"We're in a forest, there should be all kind of animals around here and yet it's dead quiet. Where are they?"

"We're being watched." Ayuto Sensei comments "Everyone be on guard."

"I'll check it out." I say, allowing my eyes to close 'Sensory enhancement, chakra perception.'

I'm first only able to see the blue glows of my team, taking a breath I begin to slowly extend my chakra sense outward, catching several unfamiliar chakra signatures.

"There's five of them." I gasp, my eyes flying open "They're hiding in the trees, we're surrounded."

"What!?" Azuki gasps

"Seems we've been discovered." A deep masculine voice chuckles as several takigakure ninja drop down to the clearing from the trees "Quite impressive for a little girl."

"We'll make this quick, give us whatever that old man gave you." A masked male says as he steps forward, his hand resting on the hilt of the katana attached to his hip

"We're not handing anything over to you!" Ikuto growls

"Oh!? Is that so?" The man smirks flashing over to Ikuto, being halted by Ayuto Sensei's katana "And just what do you think you can do about it?"

"Don't underestimate my genin." Ayuto sensei growls, pulling the scroll from his vest and tossing it to me "Y/n, Azuki, Ikuto, you know the way. I'm entrusting you three to complete the mission."

"But what about you Sensei?" I ask concerned

"Don't worry, I'll be right behind you. Go."

"Yes sensei." I nod as I quickly take off, just barely avoiding being grabbed, Ikuto and Azuki right behind me, the three of us taking to the trees.

The leaves fly off of the branches as we hurry away from the clearing as we race to put distance in between us and the enemy.

"After them, don't let them escape!" The leader shouts as he, being the quickest of the group gains on us

Taking note of the enclosing ninja I quickly make up my mind as I fall back, passing the scroll to Azuki.

"Azuki, make sure this gets to the client." I say, Azuki nodding

"Y/n, what are you doing?" Ikuto asks

"Don't worry I'll just be a moment." I say as I land on a branch and turn to face out pursuers, taking a breath as I begin to weave some hand signs together quickly. 'I hope this works.' I think as I complete the hand signs just as Ayuto Sensei whizzes past.

"Light style, Light barrage!" I call as I clap my hands together, a bright flash of light illuminating the forest before me, blinding the takigakure ninja before quickly catching up with the rest of my squad.

"Good work Y/n." Ayuto sensei says as I catch back up

"Thanks Sensei."

We quickly make it the rest of the way to Anba village, and deliver it to the client before heading back to the leaf village.

A/n: Alright my lovely dragons! That is the end of chapter twelve! I hope you lovelies enjoy! Stay awesome my lovelies! I'll see you lovelies in the next chapter.