Jisung wanted to tell him that yes, he did have to leave. He wanted to tell Chenle that he had very important plans, but the truth was that his only plans for the rest of the day consisted of going home and laying on his bed, phone in hand, watching YouTube videos alone for the rest of the night because all of his friends were too busy for him.

And Chenle was looking at him expectantly.

Fuck.

How was Jisung supposed to leave now? How was Jisung supposed to lie? He was whipped for Chenle and would do anything the older male asked him to do without a second thought. The entire universe was aware of that simple fact.

Jisung decided that the universe was out to get him. There was no other reasonable explanation for the particularly awful luck he was having that day.

He glanced over at Jaemin for help, hoping and praying that the blonde-haired boy would see the distress in his eyes and come up with a good, believable excuse that would allow Jisung to leave. Instead, he only received an apologetic look and a regretful shrug from Jaemin, who mouthed the word 'sorry' in his direction as he grabbed his soft pink bag off the ground where he had abandoned it.

"I'll see you guys tomorrow!" Jaemin said as if everything was completely normal and fine. He was acting as though he wasn't about to leave one of his closest friends, the confidant to whom he told everything about his miserable love life, alone with his crush as well as his crush's girlfriend.

"I'll go get us coffee. Do you want anything else?" Haeun asked Chenle as the couple stopped at Jisung's table.

"I'm good, but thanks babe."

Jisung watched as Chenle handed Haeun his credit card to pay for their drinks. The latter shook her head, pushing it back towards the male.

Chenle grabbed Haeun by the waist, pulling her closer to him. His arms wrapped themselves loosely around his girlfriend as he leant down and whispered something in her ear that made her giggle softly.

Jisung averted his eyes as the couple kissed. It wasn't a long, heated kiss by any means, Chenle and Haeun were luckily not the kind of couple who were constantly attached to each other's lips and had full makeout sessions in front of their friends, but it was still too much for Jisung to handle watching.

Once his girlfriend had gone, Chenle sat down across from Jisung on the seat that Jaemin had recently vacated.

"When are you going to get a girlfriend Sungie?" Chenle asked casually, resting his head in between his palms as he looked at Jisung.

"I- What do you mean? I don't- I mean- I don't like anyone and- Why do I need to have a girlfriend anyway?" Jisung stumbled over his words, his face flushing bright red.

"I just want you to be happy Sungie," Chenle said, "Everyone in our group is starting to get into relationships and I don't want you to feel left out. Mark hyung and Hyuck hyung are dating and I have Haeun. I'm not saying you have to be in a relationship, I just don't want you to be the last one of us alone."

Jisung wanted to yell. He wanted to tell Chenle that he was the one Jisung wanted, he was the source of Jisung's happiness, and now he was also the source of Jisung's misery and heartbreak. But Jisung didn't say anything, he just looked away from Chenle once more.

He hated that Chenle genuinely cared about him. He hated that his best friend wanted him to be happy in a relationship, hated that he didn't realise that Jisung wanted only one person and that person was him. It made the pain he felt ten times more intense.

"I'm not the only one who's not in a relationship," Jisung muttered under his breath, but Chenle still heard his words.

"I know." A pause, "Are you sure you're okay?"

"I'm fine, don't worry about me."

Haeun returned to their table with the coffees she had ordered for herself and Chenle held tightly in her hands. She set them down on the table, sending a smile in Jisung's direction. The tense feeling that had surrounded Chenle and Jisung after their conversation dissipated the moment Chenle laid eyes on his girlfriend, his expression going from one of worry and pity towards Jisung into one of affection and happiness at Haeun's arrival.

Jisung internally sighed, resigning himself to the fact that he would be third-wheeling for the rest of the night.

- 🐥 & 🐬 -

𝑊𝑒𝑙𝑐𝑜𝑚𝑒 𝑡𝑜 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑓𝑖𝑟𝑠𝑡 𝑐ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 𝑜𝑓 𝑎𝑛𝑜𝑡ℎ𝑒𝑟 𝑓𝑎𝑛𝑓𝑖𝑐!
𝐻𝑜𝑤 𝑎𝑟𝑒 𝑦𝑜𝑢 𝑔𝑢𝑦𝑠 𝑓𝑒𝑒𝑙𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑠𝑜 𝑓𝑎𝑟?
𝑌𝑜𝑢 𝑏𝑒𝑡𝑡𝑒𝑟 𝑔𝑒𝑡 𝑟𝑒𝑎𝑑𝑦 𝑐𝑎𝑢𝑠𝑒 𝑡ℎ𝑖𝑠 𝑖𝑠 𝑔𝑜𝑛𝑛𝑎 𝑏𝑒 𝑎 𝑙𝑜𝑛𝑔 𝑎𝑠𝑠 𝑟𝑖𝑑𝑒.