"No, just... tired. Haven't slept well the last couple weeks." He said. It was the truth. Nightmares were becoming more and more frequent, almost always about something similar. His wristcomm went off.

"Rex here." He called into the speaker, him and Cody moving back towards the fray.

"Rex, we've gotten a live call from the Fulcrum frequency. You... might wanna take this transmission with us on the ship. Take the soonest medevac back. Skywalker out." The transmission ended. Cody and Rex shared a look.

"See you on the other side of this battle." Cody said. Rex clasped his brother's wrist in a mandalorian handshake.

~

"Sir, what is it that you've called me off planetside?" Rex asked, stepping into the communications center without glancing at the hologram first. Anakin jerked his head at the holotable.

The first thing he saw was a burn on her familiar headtails. Ahsoka gave him a wan smile around a clearly bruised jaw that was visible even through the blue cast of the hologram.

Rex glanced at Anakin, tilting his head in silent question. Anakin smiled.

"Rex, I'm pretty sure half the galaxy knows who you are at this point. It's certainly no secret on the Adamant to be sure." He said. Rex nodded.

"It'd be sad if I didn't recognize you, captain." Ahsoka said, her smile widening. "Unfortunately, this is not a pleasure call." Her face hardened. "I've met up with reliable allies with whom we share a... mutual struggle with." She took a breath.

"Caedus has taken over several of the crime syndicates, almost everything that is not Hutt controlled. He's amassing money, spice, and weapons. He's taken over Mandalore, and has the allegiance of Death watch. If we don't go after him now, he'll come after the republic with more than 'dumb droids.'" Ahsoka said stoically. Anakin frowned.

"We don't even know where Caedus is, let alone be able to get there before he's gone." He pointed out. Ahsoka glanced over her shoulder and jerked her head at somebody out of the hologram on her end.

"That's where our allies comes in." A familiar Mandalorian stepped into the frame. Rex couldn't shake the feeling he'd seen her before. Dark hair and eyes, a narrow face and olive skin that contrasted with her gold and silver armor.

"According to Ursa here, we have confirmed that Caedus is set up in Sundari, on mandalore." Ahsoka met Anakin's eyes. "The niteowls have offered to be the figurehead of the attack. If we act swiftly, we get Caedus in chains, and they get Mandalore." She sighed. "The leader of the niteowls needs to meet with you. There are things that are not good to discuss over comm, no matter how secure you think it to be."

Anakin tilted his head, as if listening to something. "Will you be accompanying the leader of the niteowls." He asked. Ahsoka nodded.

"I will." She grinned at him. Anakin glanced at a communications officer standing next to the holotable.

"Send the coordinates. Prepare for their arrival." He ordered. The officer saluted.

"Yes sir!"

Ahsoka nodded at Anakin. "I'll see you in a couple hours."

She cut the connection. The white-blue light of the holotable flickered gently before the communications officer shut it down. Rex was staring at the spot his wife's image had been, trying to force down the giddy loop of 'Ahsoka's coming Ahsoka's coming Ahsoka's coming'