Chapter One: Late

"Man," Denki mumbles as he walks down the hallway with Eijiro, his textbook in tow. "Aizawa Sensei's class is so hard! I could barely keep up with the lesson! Were you able to get all the notes down?"

Eijiro gives the energetic blonde a quiet sigh. He did his best to keep up with Sensei's lecture, but he always went too fast for the redhead's liking. He wishes that Sensei would just slow down for just a minute, so he could actually understand what Sensei was talking about. However, he wouldn't dare do such a thing. Knowing Sensei, he would humiliate him in front of everyone, giving him the 'Good pro hero's have to go at a fast learning pace, so can you' speech. To be honest, Eijiro attempted to get Sensei to stop for a second so he could catch up, but every time Sensei called on him, Eijiro would just.. Stop functioning. His mouth would run dry, almost as if he had been in a desert for quite some time with no water. His heart would pound loudly within his chest, like someone had taken a bass drum and hit it over and over with all their strength. Eijiro usually just mutters an apology for rudely interrupting his class, before trying to keep up once more. If he was being honest, he wasn't expecting to deal with the constant training, the hard school work, and the media constantly wanting to talk to him and his friends. All this imaginary weight piles itself onto Eijiro's shoulders, constantly weighing him down with every step he took. Come to think of it, this weight didn't start until the beginning of the year, but he just dismissed it to just first day jitters. However, as the days moved farther and farther from the first day, the weight stuck with Eijiro like a parasite sucking every bit of his bright energy. He knows that this isn't healthy to have, but he can't come forward with it. What if Sensei looked at him as weak and expelled him? He shakes his head at the thought. He couldn't be thinking about that right now.

"I did my best, Kaminari. He's just a really fast talker. I can barely get half of the notes down before he just erases them and moves onto the next section." Eijiro huffs. "We've had ten quizzes in the past five days, and that's just Sensei's class!"

"Yeah, and they're so hard too!" Denki chuckles, looking towards the redhead. "Although I can't really complain! I'm just thankful that Yaoyorozu is letting me and Sero come over to her place to have a study session! She's been really helpful in getting us to understand the concept!"

"Heh, she must be fantastic at teaching then!" Eijiro smiles his usual toothy grin.

"You know, speaking of study sessions," Denki says, dashing forward to get in front of Eijiro as he walks backwards. "Kiri, are you sure that you don't want to come to Yayorozu's with me and Sero? I'm sure if I ask, Yayorozu would be happy to include you in our study session! It beats studying with Bakugou."

"Ah? No thanks, Kaminari." Eijiro sheepishly says, rubbing the back of his neck. "I'll be ok! I already set up a time with Bakugou, it'd be rude for me to bail last minute!"

Denki chuckles.

"I still remember when he beat you over the head with a magazine at the Okinaga Diner last month!"

"Yeah, that was an experience, but hey, I got the info memorized and passed!" Eijiro says, giggling at the memory.

"All right, suit yourself!" Denki says, turning on a corner as he gives the redhead a gentle wave. "Good luck, Kirishima! I hope you pass on Sensei's next test!"

"Yeah, good luck to you too!" Eijiro says, waving back at the blonde. As soon as Denki was out of earshot, he let out a loud sigh, letting his shoulders slump.

He raises his wrist, seeing the time on his watch. His eyes went wide at the sight.

Fuck! Eijiro thought, as he ran down the hallway. His breathing becomes fast, the combination of sprinting to Katsuki's dorm and the feeling of dread bellowing deep inside his stomach. He was running late, something that the redhead never did. Knowing his luck, Katsuki was going to be so upset at him, and would most likely scold him harshly for it. Little did the redhead know, with every step he took, the amount of dread and work adds onto his imaginary weight, and that it was on the brink of overflowing. 

(757 words)