Chapter 2 - Tests

"Friday, start filming," the AI complied as you steadied yourself. "Confetti blaster, test one, model three of the party collection. Testing in three... two... one..." Pulling the trigger a deafening blast goes off, sparkling gemstones and sharp confetti embed themselves in the concrete. "WOO!" falling ass first on the ground you hear Tony rush in with Steve.

"What the hell?"

"Need to lower the thrusters and install a silencer,"

Steve helps you off the ground as you cut the tapes. "You need to be careful. Why do you even let her do this kind of thing, Stark?" The soldier scolds.

"If I told her not to she would find a way to do it dangerously," Tony picks a rhinestone out of the wall. "Are these my alloy gems?"

"Is that what they are? Thought they were rhinestones from a night you had with Pepper... And to think I went through all that trouble of sanitizing them!"

Tony chuckles and flicks one in the air. "I'll keep in mind to label things,"

"That would be best," loading up the gun again with another satchel of confetti minus the dangerous gems, you called for Friday to start recording for the second test.

"She really is your niece," Steve smiles softly as you fall back with a laugh.

"Would be odd if she wasn't," the sound of a crash and bang made the two of them stop in panic only to realize you were ok when a fit of laughter erupts from the lab.

~~~

Loki rested his head against the soft cushions, he missed his old bed, it was much bigger and softer than this sad excuse Midgardian's called a mattress. He pondered his thoughts, his actions, leaving them with a scoff, albeit a disgusted one.

The pain he heard swarm his mind clouded his actions. Making him seem disinterested, bored and unamused. A cold exterior he would have to keep up until Odin presumed he was 'clean' from his 'evil' doings.

Though that bored facade soon became a reality as he opted to pace his cramped and rather small room... he had to be quite fair, it was much less constricting than the dungeons on Asgard.

What to do... oh, what to do... on this pitiful... dull... planet... in this lonesome... hollow... prison his brother called a second home. Read? Perhaps, but he hadn't the slightest clue whether he was able to transport his collection from such a long distance.

Midgard literature? Maybe that would suffice, he had skimmed across books by a certain praised writer called Shakespeare. Loki had to admit that the man's pen spoke smoothly in his head. But where would he acquire such books? Surely it was too soon to leave his room, let alone wonder about mindlessly searching for a muse.

A light knock was heard. Too feminine to belong too Thor... No one else had decided to pay him a visit so he was lost as to who it could be.

Then the knock was heard again. "Yes, yes, alright," He opened the door and peered out to see a pile of books standing in front of him.

But it spoke. "Hey, Loki, just got some stuff for you,"

It was that Midgardian who had tested his rage earlier. "Books?"

"Wow, aren't you a smart cookie?" You muffle from behind the literature. "Now let me in before my damn arms give up on me," Moving passed him when you saw his shadow move aside you laid the mountain against the oak desk. "I can see you're settled,"

"Quite the effort," He hums. "Now, what have you brought me?"

"Some of my favourite books, Thor said you're a book worm," Looking around the gloomy room it reminded you of your own. Elegant yet dark. Spotting a shelf free of contents you start to place the books in categories until you were in need of a chair you dragged across the room.

"I am perfectly capable of organizing my own books, mortal,"

"Well too bad, I'm done," You jump off the chair and adjust your top. "And I have a name-"

"Which I have no interest in learning, mortal,"

"In case you change your mind, I'll tell you anyways. Y/n L/n, definitely not at your service," A smile tugged at his lips as you walked passed him. "Dinner will be ready in... well an hour after you smell burning because Tony would have given up on cooking,"

"I'll be sure to keep that in mind," He hummed before leading you out the door. "Evening," Before you could muster a reply the door shut in your face.

"Rude,"

~~~

Munching and chatter filled the dining room as heroes stuffed their faces with greasy, steaming pizza. The only person not eating was the glaring villain who sat across from you. He poked at the supposed meal with a knife, fearing it would attack him in some sort of way.

"It won't bite you," You whisper causing his eyes to snap up.

"I'm well aware, I'm just not looking to be poisoned,"

"You're being overdramatic, just try it," sarcastically guiding him through how to eat it, he sends a snarl.

"I know how to eat,"

"Then do it," You snark before getting Wanda to talk about her day with Vision. Loki brought the drooping dish to his mouth and took a small nibble. Widening his eyes a little he was surprised that one, he didn't die and two, it didn't taste half bad.

He lifts his gaze and catches a smirk on your lips before you went back to talking with Wanda.

~~~

I'm dying here

I'm dying here

- Anna ❤️