Lost Family Found

Start from the beginning

It took a while to build up to where I am now, but at least I'm alive.

And right now, I'm beyond confused.

I left everything I ever worked for - and I do mean everything, just so I could keep Abe safe.

Though I know this is for my benefit also, I'm surprised. I left everything of my family's, everything of my past, and everything I ever knew behind me and didn't even realize it until it was too late.

And the biggest surprise of all? I don't regret a thing.

I had gone through years and years of depression; throw panic attacks and major OCD on top of that and you have yourself a walking, talking, volcano that's ready to erupt any second.

But finally, after what seemed like millions of centuries, I snapped out of it and became numb towards it all. I finally moved on and started ot build my life.

But for what? I just left everything I ever had behind me, but whats the point? Why didn't I just stay there and if I died, who cares? I'll never get anywhere in life - though I've tried hard to avoid the thought - It's true. No one will ever love me, I just lost my dream job because I just up and left without a single word, and to top it all off, I'm stuck in a vehicle with a sulking vampire who refuses to regard my existence.

If I thought my life was confusing three months ago, I've just set a new record.

We've been on the rode for only 40 minutes and in total of our trip, an hour. One hour and I'm already, ready to abort mission.

I take a deep breath to calm myself and runs all possible occurrences through my head.

He could follow us.

He could find us.

He could be on his way right now.

He could find us.

He could kil--

The car jerks sending my heart into a frenzy and my eyes widen in alarm. I let out a sigh of relief when I realize that it wasn't a humans doing - or an immortals - but my relief quickly fades when I see smoke start sprouting from my engine - the engine that has just now stopped working.

I frown, flipping on my right blinker and pulling off to the side of the rode. I put it in park and hop out. I block out Abe's complaints and pop hood to investigate the damage.

Smoke envelopes me. I couch and sputter for a minute or two before squinting at the cars engine.

What am I doing? I know crap about cars.....

I groan and decide to just wing it, my pride refusing to look like an idiot in front of the sulking Abe who keeps glaring at me through the cars windshield.

I hit the engine several times, flick a few small tubes, tighten a few lids, and kick the front bumper making it rattle. I swear under my breath when my toe starts to ache but I ignore it.

Abe appears beside me with a not-so-happy expression.

"What's wrong with it?" He asks with narrowed eyes.

"I don't know. I have no idea how to fix cars." I admit but keep a calm up my facade.

"Fantastic!" Abe seethes. "If you have no idea what your doing, than what was all that ruckes going on a minute ago?"

I was beating the car because I wanted to seem smart in front of you, I say mentally. Outloud, I say, "Improvising."

I ignore his rants of complaint and irritation and instead start rummaging my brain with thoughts and questions of how to get out of here.