002 : [name] fielding has to many eyes

Start from the beginning

"The halls of the school are dark, what little light there is floods in through the windows in weak beams that seem to stop just short of the corridor. The shadows of the place are one shade too hard and hold a texture of something like mud. The scent of the school, one that should have been faintly of sweat, chalk dust and paper is replaced with the routine stench of death and decay. The presence of those terrible things known as curses is all too clear."

"Fear is thick in the air as [Name] slowly walked through the halls, left hand gripping the handle of the sleek metal baseball bat with a tense purpose. Their eyes rake the hall, waiting for the monstrous creature to appear, they know it's lurking just beneath the surface. The cursed object unraveled by two foolishly naive students, the perfect summoning to bridge normality with the supernatural terror that people here called curses."

"The malice that dripped from the halls brought an excited, almost feverish anxiety to mind. It was a strange thing yes, but almost a pleasant sort of adrenaline that coursed through [Name]'s veins. After all this fear was her normal, the only true consistency in her life, and this instance was no expectation. Carefully, they backed against one wall, placing a hand around the corner ever so slightly as they looked around the corner into the next hall. Though they don't look with their eyes, at least not the two you'd expect. No, they stay there and wait, as the tattoo, one of several inked into them in direct contrast to the tone of her skin, on the back of their hand shifts. Blinking once, twice, before the drawing opened and the vibrant, poisonous green isis of the eye peered into the hallway."

"It was a strange thing really, to see out of one's hand, but the eye that sat where the tattoo had once been was one of many they possessed. There was another on the palm of their hand, smaller ones dotted their knuckles and the joints of their fingers, a pattern that was copied onto their other hand. The tattoos marked each and every joint of their body, their shoulder blades, the sides of their hips and their collar bone and nape of her neck. And much like the scars that littered their body, they were far from normal."

"But the abnormal appearance of one [Name] Fielding is not the purpose of this statement, rather the events that followed shortly after they rounded the corner. The eye on the back of their right hand blinking once, twice before it was once more only ink rather than the flesh and blood it had appeared to be mere moments earlier.

"Raising their bat, they rested the weapon on their shoulder, the echo of her footsteps the only sound throughout the stretch. Stopping in the centre of the hall they let out a disgruntled grunt as they tapped their heel against the ground impatiently."

"I know you're there!" [Name] called out to the empty space, face twisted into a disgusted sound as they called out to the curse. Grade two, six feet tall, wingspan of twelve feet, don't let it cut you. The information fed to her from their patron rising from their subconscious as they continued to try and find the monstrous creature they knew was lurking in the shadows."

"It was then that they first heard it. It was a faint sound, the sort of thing that you can barely hear and aren't quite sure is real until the utter horror of the realization sits in it, like metal scraping on glass and the faint echo of static mixing into a terrible but subtle cacophony. The curse practically melted out of the shadows, like candle wax as it came into being, the thick muddy darkness rolling off it like sludge. It's face, if you could even call it that, was distorted and twisted into a spiral, each curve lined with eyes that would have found a safe and happy place on any grotesque insect."

"It was wobbly on its feet, the form thin and its arms too long for its weight but when it swung and arm out, lashing at the [Name] sharply they barely had time to duck. The sound of the pointed nails boring into the wall to their right was harsh and jagged, a terrible noise that made disgust crawl up her spine as she dodged forward. Raising the bat in hand, [Name] gripped it tight as her eyes glowed with that familiar insidious glint of cursed energy, prepared to bash the knees of the creature in and send it tumbling to the ground—"