011 : world alone

Contrary to popular belief, Yuji Itadori, is an introvert

Contrary to popular belief, Yuji Itadori, is an introvert. It's honestly a rather funny thing, at least I think so, how people assume just because a person is excitable and kind that they're automatically an extrovert. But I do suppose that humans are like that. It's a rather fascinating phenomenon really, and I guess even I must say it is the one thing that I agree with Jogo on: humans are liars.

They hide their emotions behind smiles; they bury their hearts in effort to contact the perpetual system of wealth; they tell themselves they earned their positions as they step on the lives of those they trap in poverty as though they are nothing more than fallen leaves beneath their feet. They convince themselves that they're beyond saving, perhaps in some foolhardy excuse to convince themselves that they are truly helpless, that wallowing in their own sorrow is the answer to the bottomless cavern that swallowed their heart.

Yuji Itadori is no different. I mean no ill will to the boy, truly I do not, but whether he should accept it or not he is human. He will fall, he will break, he will ignore the cracks in his skin as he forces himself forward, desperate to reach his goal only for the void to seep out from within the crevice in his soul and consume him whole. I do not mean to make excuses for him either, but I do suppose to have a cursed spirit, especially one of Sukuna's nature whispering in your ear every other minute doesn't help. I, as a thing beyond the true and proper comprehension of mankind, may not be the best to speak on this matter however even so I shall try.

It wasn't the first time Yuji Itadori had intrusive thoughts. No... he'd had them as far as he could remember. Those terrible, terrible words, conjuring up in his mind and poisoning it with violence, desire, horror, dysphoria. The list goes on, slipping in and out of focus as notes scribbled in between the lines of his thoughts and wedging deep beneath his fragile facade of false positivity. It was exhausting. But he meant no harm, it was simple really, help people, don't be a burden, help people, you your strength for good, help people.

Help people.

Help.

People.

Was he helping anyone?