002 : [name] fielding has to many eyes

The problem with those people who find themselves in the world of Jujutsu Sorcerers, is that they are the story of people with such a tremendous amount of bad luck it's a miracle most of them are still alive

The problem with those people who find themselves in the world of Jujutsu Sorcerers, is that they are the story of people with such a tremendous amount of bad luck it's a miracle most of them are still alive. And I'm sure you're wondering how that might be such a problem but they have a tendency to both make my job leagues easier than it's normally be, while simultaneously tripling the amount of work I need to do. Mostly because in the stories you hear about there's a rather large amount of what you might call "survivor's bias" when it comes to curses.

Out of any of the unlucky children who would find themselves intertwined in this plot [Name] would know the most of this. After all, the scars were more than enough to show she'd had more than their fair share of scrapes and misses with me. The most prominent of the scars were the spots on the right side of her face, as though something had tried and failed to borrow into their skin. They were nasty and even now the thought of those god forsaken worms brought bile to [Name]'s throat as they did their best to change the subject as quickly as they could.

Closing the case file in mind, they leaned back in their desk chair, nibbling on the eraser of their pencil. It was a neat room, well, sort of. There was a fair amount of what most others might refer to as disarray and general chaos, though should you ask her about it, [Name] would merely wrinkle her nose at you. "It's organized chaos," they'd correct with a scowl, "I know where everything is, don't worry about it."

It was true, despite the mess of the bookshelf — which displayed a rather large array of variety, ranging from classical novels, old comics, more than a few volumes of manga and several beat up paper-backs — they could easily find whatever they needed should they be looking for it. Same could be said for any other part of the room. But for the most part it was tidy, it was simply [Name]'s desk that was in complete and utter disarray. Loose papers all piled up on each other, an open binder and a few filing folders along with all the random bits of stationery and finally the tape recorder that sat on top of it all.

[Name] sighed, closing their eyes before reaching for her glasses. Carefully she placed them on a corner of the desk next to their pencil case they took a deep breath, before beginning to speak.

"Statement of [Name] Fielding, in relation to the events that took place during an evening of June in 2018 in Sendai City at Sugisawa High. Statement recorded the following day by [Name] Fielding, The Archivist. Statement Begins."