Extra: Into the Spider-Verse

Start from the beginning

"I-I'm so sorry—" Peter Parker started, guilt hung like moons in his eyes. His black and white suit was spotted with blood and his hair was stuck in awkward spikes. 

Florence acted quickly, bending to grab a clump of ice to press to his busted lip. "Do I have to remind you that tonight is our engagement party? You couldn't have picked a better night to go up against Electro?" Peter hissed when the ice touched his bottom lip. "You deserve that." 

"Electro isn't playing around this time," Peter explained, trying to straighten his tie in a hurry. Florence dabbed at the broken skin hear his hairline with a frown. "If it helps, I bailed early and left Gwendolyn to clean up the mess in Tribeca."

They had been trying to tackle Electro for a week and a half, the man aloof and crafty. "Gwendolyn is a bridesmaid, she's supposed to be here too." Peter scrunched up his nose in defeat, and hung his head. "It's okay, at least you're here now."

Snow started to soak through their clothing and their guests waited, but they stayed there for a moment longer. Peter looped his arms around her waist, bringing her closer. Florence closed her eyes and rested her head against his chest. She counted his intake of breaths and reminded herself this was the life she'd chosen when she promised to marry him. He would always be Spider-Man and their lives would always be interrupted. She just wished tonight wasn't one of those times. 

"You know I don't do it on purpose," Peter said quietly. "It just—"

"Happens that way," she mumbled. "Yeah, I know."

Peter squeezed her tighter. "You'll still marry me, right?"

"I swear, if you're late for the wedding—"

The glass doors slid open, a familiar face popping through the crack. "Trouble in paradise?" Colton Parsons smirked his handsome cocky grin. He stepped into the snow and shoved his hands into his pockets. He whistled up at the sky. 

"No trouble, just the usual," Florence replied, threading her hand within her soon to be husband's. They had defeated greater foes than an engagement party. She watched as Colton pulled out a nifty little device. He threw it across at Peter, who caught it swiftly. "An early wedding gift? You shouldn't have." 

Colton shook his head with a coy laugh. "I know you guys aren't planning a real honeymoon, too busy saving the world for that kind of stuff," He gestured towards the blinking device in Peter's palm. "So, I thought I'd give you the gift of world-jumping." 

Florence eyed the device. "I already have one."

Her brother from another world had given her one years ago, but she'd only used it once or twice to visit him. She never needed to bounce to his world because he aways found an excuse to visit more often than not. "That one only brings you to my world and back," He pointed at the tiny thing again. "This one can take you anywhere. Why not test it out?"

"Now?" Peter questioned. 

Colton shrugged. "No better time than the present."

"We're supposed to—"

He winked, wicked as the devil but twice as pretty. "Entertain your guests? I just spiked the punch bowl, so they'll be a little busy for a while. A little secret recipe from Asgard."

Florence thought of all the ways in which this was not the right time to take a little trip to a few different worlds, but maybe that was the real reason it felt perfect. She gave her brother a tiny smile before taking hold of the device and clicking the button on the side. Her vision clouded in swirling colours and then her stomach flipped with the sensation that she was falling.