"it is not a date, kyoka," yaoyorozu muttered, a tiny smile appearing on her face as she imagined what it'd be like to go on a date with y/n. a small cafe or restaurant, with flowers in the middle of the table while the two of them spoke about nothing in particular and had fun... or a picnic in the middle of the field, watching clouds go by and laughing about the stupid antics class 1-a got up to. 

these thoughts just made yaoyorozu want to date y/n even more. she loved that girl with her whole heart, and jiro watched in awe at her best friend. she'd never expected the usually calm and collected yaoyorozu to be like this, and although it was a little humorous, it was also... sweet. 

|

{ 15th november | 7:03pm }

|

"right, this goes here," yaoyorozu muttered to herself as she quickly organised her room, ready for y/n to come in at any minute. she was already three minutes late, but yaoyorozu had been expecting this. at least it gave her a bit of time to make last minute preperations (to which there were none, as her room was always spotless and tidy). nibbling away at the skin around her finger, she plopped herself in the middle of the bed, a stack of maths revision booklets beside her to her left and a collection of notebooks to her right. in the draw beside the bed were a few snacks, and on top was a kettle, just in case y/n wanted some tea and something to eat. 

some would say yaoyorozu was a little over-prepared.

as soon as there was a knock on the door, the taller girl was startled so much that she visibly flinched and a small squeak left her lips. leaping off of her bed, she opened the door to see y/n standing there, a wide smile on her face as she held a notebook and pen close to her chest. she wore comfortable clothing and her hair, for once, was neatly brushed. yaoyorozu didn't even realise her mouth had gone dry at how sweet y/n looked until she went to speak, and her voice cracked.

whoops.

"hey y/n!" she said, before face-palming at the little mistake. y/n laughed, but in a way that wasn't rude or mean. she just found the little voice crack amusing, and yaoyorozu was glad. "ah, my apologies... erm, come in!"

y/n did as she was told and walked into the room. there was barely anywhere to go other than onto the bed, but since the books were piled neatly on there, she just assumed that's where she was meant to go. and when the other girl sat on the edge and patted beside her, y/n clambered on and sat cross-legged, sitting her notebook beside her.

"thank you so much for this," y/n said with a smile, looking up at yaoyorozu with wide eyes. "it's... really appreciated."

"no problem! i'll do anything to help you out if you need it," yaoyorozu answered, hoping she wasn't talking too quickly and making it weird. "before we start, would you like some tea? i've got a kettle just here if you'd like some."

"ah, yes please! you're a living tea factory," y/n giggled, watching as the other turned the kettle on and pulled out two stunning china mugs from the cupboard. yaoyorozu's smile widened at the comment and pulled out two teabags from one of her glass pots and putting one in each cup. 

"yes, i used to have it all the time at home," she replied, opening the drawer as the kettle boiled. "i also have some cookies if you'd like some! i made sure to ask ochaco if you liked them before i bought them."

"gosh, you're so lovely," y/n beamed, taking one of the cookies from yaoyorozu's grip and taking a bite. then, she noticed one of the small pocky boxes in the same drawer with a little roll of pastel pink tape beside it, and her interest peaked. when the taller saw what y/n had seen, her heart sunk as she almost slammed the drawer shut. silence filled the room for a few seconds, but thankfully, y/n was able to come up with something to say. "imperial golden tips. that's your favourite tea, right?"