"Did you not find your birthday gift helpful?" Dumbledore asked when we were having tea with Minerva one rainy afternoon.

"Ahh, you mean the box of confusion?" I asked as I reached for a lemon drop and popped it into my mouth. "I meant to ask you what that was about," I said. Minerva gave me a sour look as I was talking with the hard candy in my mouth. I lifted the saucer my teacup had been resting on to my mouth and dropped the candy as I raised an eyebrow at her, to which she just rolled her eyes.

"Manners," She said and sat up a bit straighter. "Honestly."

"My apologies, it may not have appeared as much at first glance, but it was an object of my own creation that I designed with you in mind specifically," Dumbledore said as he stood and went into a drawer off to the side and grabbed something.

"What's this?" I asked as he handed me a rag with a band around it.

"This was the first prototype. The one in your possession is the final result," He said. I began unhanding it and revealed a similar leather corseted arm guard. "The idea began as a way to help, as even the best of us tire from wandless magic after so long. Then it became a way to center the magic in one's hands. This way you can have your wand tucked inside, allowing your hands to be the point of control. I do believe this will also help for you to only see in, when you wish."

"A literal trick up my sleeve," I said and let out a little breath. "Oh, Fred would have loved this punchline," I said with a chuckle. "And it'll work?" I asked.

"The magic is within you dear. Now you're just guiding it along," He answered.

And in fact it had been working. I started wearing the cuffs under all of my shirt. Choosing to wear longer sleeved shirts at all times to keep them concealed. I didn't mind, and now I didn't intrude in on peoples thoughts unless I meant to. Adding in my wand the way he'd suggested amplified everything I tried to do with a spell, but I found that so long as it was wordless magic it balanced itself out rather well.

Before the next DA meeting Harry and I had discussed what would be good for everyone to learn next. Before the holiday we'd covered a good amount of counter jinx's and defensive spells. All except one.

"They need to learn to cast a Patronus Charm," I told Harry.

"I agree. But it may take a while, so we should have two or three lessons for it," He said.

"That's fine. That and practice, this is a good lot. They should get it in no time," I told him. "Bedside's, they don't need to cast a corporeal Patronus right away, so long as they're able to cast it is a start."

Everyone gathered in, and we explained to them the uses of a Patronus Charm other than just defense. The importance was another point worth stressing. It was a good thing that they all knew it, it was too dangerous for them not to know it. Harry and I cast ours first showing them that a Corporeal Patronus would take a particular form, Harry's being a Stag, and mine being a Doe.

"Don't focus on its physical form, that'll come after. Just focus on a memory," I said aloud as I walked through the room.

"Yes, and make it a powerful memory, the happiest you can remember," Harry called from the other side of the room. "Keep trying Seamus."

"George, your turn now," I said as I walked in front of George.

"Expecto Patronum!" He called out. A blue light swirled and not long after a magpie took flight, matching Fred's.