Loosing Track Of Time

Start from the beginning

Dean looked at Sam seeming to be leaning to the cops side and said, "Well, maybe they were."

"I don't know man. The stories I read from the kids. The first hand accounts, they sounded sincere," Sam explained.

"And... where did you read these," Dean asked curiously.

Sam hesitated a moment before answering, "Well, I knew we were coming to Texas, so I looked on some local paranormal websites."

Dean rolled his eyes at Sam for being so foolish to believe a website like that.

Sam looked at Dean for a minute, looking like he was contemplating saying what he was about to say next, "Look, we let dad go, which was a mistake because now we don't know where he is again. So, we have nothing better to do than check this thing out."

I looked up from the book I haven't been reading as sadness coursed through my body. We had just got him back and he was ripped away from us because of that bitch Meg. I coughed awkwardly in the back seat as I adjusted myself into a more comfortable position. This was the first time any of us had mentioned John since the incident.

Dean was quiet for a few minutes as he processed what Sam had just said before asking, "Alright, where are we gonna find these kids?"

Sam smirked as he said, "Same place you find kids in a place like this."

I looked at him in confusion until I realized we are in Texas, and rolled my eyes for what seems to be the hundredth time in the past ten minutes.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As Dean had said, a few hours later we had arrived in Richardson, and we stopped at the first diner we saw and it was packed. We were barely able to find a parking spot. Once we did I slowly got out of the car, leaning on it as I grabbed my cane. Dean tried to help me stand, but I simply waved him off. I understand I'm really hurt, but so is he. I don't think he realizes that.

I hobbled next to the boys as we entered the diner and asked the kids that found the body what they saw. The irritating thing, they were all saying something different about what they saw. Meaning what they were telling us didn't give us any information to help at all. I looked at the three kids in front of us in annoyance as I huffed out.

I slowly started to stand up from the table, and stumbled a bit.

Dean saw my movement and reached for my arm asking, "Hey where are you going?" I simply nodded behind him where there was a giant neon sign that said Bathrooms. Dean looked at the sign then back at me and said, "Okay, don't take too long."

I nodded again as he released my arm, and made my way slowly toward the door that read woman. I opened the door with a little bit of struggle and shut it behind me locking it. I leaned against the door and let out a long sigh. I winced as I pushed myself off of it, and made my way to the mirror in the small bathroom. I set my cane against the wall, and grabbed the sides of the sink and looked at myself for a second.

I still have a pretty sizable gash in my hairline, which has stitches in it, and a yellow bruise still on my left cheek. I don't know why, but since I woke up from being unconscious for four days, I've just felt tired all the time. Almost like I have no energy. I mean we have been in this diner for like twenty minutes, and I'm already exhausted. My brain feels like it's fried, and I know it's because of the amount of blood I've lost and lack of sleep I've been getting.

I sighed heavily and looked down at my stomach, shivering as I remembered what it felt like when that damn Deva attacked me. I shouldn't have jumped in front of Dean like that. Although if I didn't he might not be here right now.

I stumble a little shifting my weight so I can lean against the sink. I reach down to my purse, and took out the bottle of pain meds Sam got for me. I'm almost out, which means we are gonna need more. I spilled two out of the bottle onto my hand and carefully put the bottle back in my purse. I turned the faucet on and pooled some water in my palm so I could take my pills.

The downside to taking these is they make me a little loopy, but they definitely help with the severe pain. I gulped them down, and splashed some water on my face. I looked at myself again before grabbing my cane, and walking toward the door to leave.

As I left the small bathroom I practically ran into someone causing me to wince violently. I looked up to see Dean as he grabbed my arms to help steady me, and I took in a very deep breath hoping to ease the pain.

"Oh, shit! Are you, okay," Dean panicked.

I shoot him a irritated glare to answer his stupid question. I'm so tired of hearing it. Of course I'm not, okay.

"I'm sorry, you're right. Stupid question," Dean retracted. It's weird, it's almost like I didn't have to talk around him. He still knows what I'm trying to get across with just my facial expressions. "What took you so long? It's been like fifteen minutes," Dean asked worried.

My eyes widened as I looked down at my watch, confused as to where the time went. I swear I was only in there for five minutes at most. I glanced back up at him, and everything went blurry for a second, but I ignored it. I gulped thickly and shrugged my shoulders.

Dean sighed as he took in my appearance, "What were you doing?" I placed my left hand over my stomach and he immediately asked, "Were you sick again?" I shook my head as I made a pained face, shaking my purse a bit. Dean's eyes lit up with realization.

"Did you take more pain meds," Dean asked worriedly, but I didn't understand why. I nodded, scrunching my brows in confusion. Dean sighed and ran a hand through his hair before saying, "Devyn, you weren't supposed to for another two hours." I raised my eyebrows in shock as I looked down at my watch again and it said 6:30. I open my mouth in shock as I could've sworn it was 8:15 when I went into the bathroom.

I put my hand up to my head as I realized my mistake. Dean looked at me, taking in my reaction as he said, "Have you even eaten anything? You know you can harm yourself if you don't eat, you can get sick."

I jumped slightly as he raised his voice. I know he is just worried, but I am kind of freaking out right now. I can't believe I thought it was two hours later than it actually is. I shook my head trying not to freak out too much, but my breathing started to pick up, and my hand lowered from my head to my chest. I swallowed thickly and looked up to Dean.

His eyes seem to soften as he takes in the state I'm in, "Maybe we are moving too fast. We shouldn't even be on a hunt right now. We are too fragile at the moment."

I shook my head, disagreeing completely. I think we should be here, I just don't think I should really be helping. I'm too out of it, still seriously hurt. I don't know, and if the spirit is going after women then I should just stay out of it.

Dean grabbed my hand and said, "Alright, let's just go. Sam and I figured out some new info, and we have to go talk to someone else. I nodded and followed him to the car, this time letting him help me.