vi

Everyone had up and left from the junkyard after the events of nearly being killed by the demogorgons

Everyone had up and left from the junkyard after the events of nearly being killed by the demogorgons. Everyone was clearly shaken up by it but no one would admit it. Steve walked beside Andrea helping keep her steady while Dustin stood on the other side of her with Max and Lucas following behind.

She had gained back some of her energy. Her best bet was that she should not use her abilities again or she really would be tired and in desperate need of a nap. She was surprised that she hadn't collapsed originally.

"You're positive that was Dart?" Lucas questioned refusing to believe that Dart had grown that much already.

"Yes. He had the same exact yellow pattern on his butt," Dustin pointed out as if he were talking about his lost pet.

"Well, he was tiny two days ago," Max pipped up not at all happy about the situation she had been dragged in.

"Well, he molted three times already," Dustin stated, as he kept walking.

"Malted?" Steve questioned, he was clearly confused.

"Isn't that a drink?" Andrea found herself asking.

"Molted," Dustin corrected, "No, it's not a drink. Shed his skin to make room for growth like hornworms."

Hornworms? What the actual hell did Dustin find? Andrea had only help the boy hide it because the way the alarming slug look he hoped he would've done something with it that would've prevented something bad from happening. Though, that did not seem to be the case.

"Well, when's he gonna molt again?" Max asked as Steve waved around his flashlight.

"It's gonna be soon," Dustin declared based on whatever was running through his head, "When he does, he'll be fully grown, or close to it. So will his friends."

"Yeah, and he's gonna eat a lot more than just cats," Steve stated as his eyes fell on Andrea.

"Great," The tired teen said with mock enthusiasm.

"Wait, a cat? Dart ate a cat?" Lucas shoved through the group to get in front of Dustin causing Andrea to nearly trip but Steve helping her regain her footing.

"No, what? No," Dustin shut that down causing a bit of confusion.

Steve's hands rested on Andrea's hips as the girl stood tensely with him, "What are you talking about? He ate Mews," Steve ratted Dustin out right then and there.

"Mews? Who's Mews?" Max asked as she looked back at Steve and Andrea.

"It's Dustin's cat," Steve stated as he looked between everyone.

"Steve!" Dustin yelled.

"I knew it! You kept him!" Lucas yelled as he shoved Dustin.

"No, no!" Dustin kept saying before settling on an answer, "No, I... No, I... He missed me. He wanted to come home."