Chapter 5:

Li Mei and Luier followed after the monkey, but he was already far ahead of the two. The woman stops to take a breath for a minute. "Li Mei, wait up" the boy said, catching up with the woman. "Boy, for someone who just got out of a long nap, he certainly knows how to run fast" Li Mei said. She kneels down a bit, allowing Luier and the baby girl to climb onto her back, so that she can carry the two young children the rest of the walk. As she walked, the trio heard a loud scream, which sounded like they were falling off from something, not too far from where they are. Li Mei runs over to where the noise was. She kneels down again, setting the children down on the ground, and goes behind a large boulder to hide herself, Luier following close behind her. The woman peeks her head out from behind the rock, and there raging and screaming, was the same monkey man from the cave. He was beating against the chains on his left wrist with some rocks. When that didn't work, he screams out in frustration, swinging his arms all over the place. Li Mei notices the monkey has stopped his tantrum and looked at a statue of Buddha. With her acute hearing, she is able to hear what he was saying to the Great Buddha. "You lock me up for five hundred years and that wasn't enough for you? Don't forget, I'm the Great Sage!!!" he screamed out. 

"I knew it!" Li Mei muttered, her eyes widening in realization. "The Great Sage?" Luier said, his face also holding the same expression. Having heard their voices, the monkey turns around in the direction of the rock where the three people were hiding behind. "Who's there? Show yourself! Are you looking for a fight?!" he said. Knowing that they were caught, the woman and two children stepped out from behind the rock, revealing themselves to the monkey, otherwise now known as the Great Sage. He looks at them, not really expecting to see two children and a blue haired woman there. "Or a babysitter?" he said. "Um, I'm not a child, thank you" Li Mei said, taking some offence to that comment. She wanted to say something else, but decided to keep her mouth shut. Luier looks at the monkey and asks him "a-are you really Sun Wukong? The Great Sage" "I don't know, am I? So what if I am" he replied, with some sarcasm, while also walking away from them. The boy was excited upon hearing this, but Li Mei was a bit neutral about that. "I'd take you're not the friendly type, are you Great Sage?" the woman said, arms crossed and a stern look on her face. "Maybe, but you're not being very friendly yourself, demon" he retorted back as he kept on walking. The stern look turned into a hard glare when she heard him say that word, that one word she despises the most. She runs up to him, stopping him in his tracks and said "excuse me, but I am not a demon! I am nothing like a demon!" "Oh, the hair and the pale skin doesn't prove it?" Sun Wukong said. "Why you rude, inconceivable, no good-" she was about to say, but in a quick instant, the monkey dashed away, jumped onto a cliff and ran into the forest. "It was a pleasure meeting you, lady, but I gotta go now. Goodbye, demoness" he shouted back.

Li Mei was infuriated and very annoyed by Sun Wukong's actions and words. She growls in anger, balling her hands into fists. "Argh, I'm going to strangle him! He is nothing like I'd thought he'd be" she mutters under her breath. Then, she hears Luier call out to her. "Come on, Li Mei, let's go follow him!" he said, running up ahead, carrying the baby in the basket upon his back. "W-Wait, Luier" she said, trying to get him to stop, but to no avail. She didn't want to go after that no good monkey, but she also didn't want the children to be by themselves. She sighs as she looks down and sees a groundhog looking up at her. He points his head over to the direction where the children ran off to, silently telling her to follow them. Li Mei looks back up and sighs again. "Luier, wait up!" she shouted out, running off after the young boy and baby girl. Before she got too far, she turns back around and bows to the small groundhog. "Thank you, Mister Groundhog" she said to him, and then she ran to catch up with the children. It didn't take too long to reach the kids, who were standing by a tree, seemingly waiting for her. However, when she did catch up, she sees the person she is starting to dislike the most right now. Sun Wukong was also by the tree, who seemed like he was trying to hide from the kids. "Luier! Don't try to run so fast" she tells the boy, the moment she manages to reach them. "Oh, so you decided to catch up, I see?" the monkey said, which earned him a cold glare from the woman. "Uh, sorry, Li Mei. I guess I just got a little excited is all" Luier said, almost bashfully. Li Mei sighs and smiles down at him. She kneels down and places a hand on his shoulder. "I know, but I don't want you running up ahead too far. Something seriously could've happened to either one of you. I just want you to be safe" she said, in the most caring and motherly tone of voice.